Need Daz 3.1.73 to make my Bryce 7 work... or a bridge to make 3.0 work

BrycescaperBrycescaper Posts: 148
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

All I am trying to do is get a working copy of DAZ|Sudio 3 that will be compatible with Bryce 6 and Windows 7.I have Bryce 7 installed, the Pro version even… but it calls for versions that my system have declared incompatible with Win 7, so my strategy is to create the basic scenes in Bryce 6, in tandem with Bryce 3.1.73, than reopen them in Bryce 7 and add the advanced features like fill light and the rest. I can’t even do that, because I can’t even bridge to Studio to begin with. The links used to take me to the appropiate Daz3 version during Bryce 7 installation that worked on my computer are gone… I don’t know why you cleared the page and left an incomprehensible and useless (with a link that doesn’t even work, I might add). The first link is the link from DAZ to install Daz 3; the following is what comes up when I get there.
http://www.daz3d.com/i/software/daz_studio3?_m=d

When I get to the page, there is a tiny bullet list in the upper left hand corner in small Times new Roman type:
{lang:welcome}
{lang:memberlist}
>>{lang:memberlist} is a hotlink to the following blank page: http://www.daz3d.com/i/software/{path:memberlist}

Why can't I get access to the proper Daz3 downloads? I wish Daz wouldn't update then delete previous versions... I create charecters in DAZ to import into Bryce, noothing more fancy than that.

Tammi_Indian_Summer.jpg
1280 x 960 - 456K

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

did you try reset DS3 in your account ?
    DS 4.5 works with Bryce 7 for me . I am using Win 7 .
    also you should make your model smaller for your scene - its in the terrain .

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The final DS3 (3.1.2.32) and DS4 (4.0.3.47 and 4.5) are all compatible with Windows 7.

• BrycescaperBrycescaper Posts: 148
    edited June 2012

All I am trying to do is get a working copy of DAZ|Sudio 3 that will be compatible with Bryce 6 and Windows 7.I have Bryce 7 installed, the Pro version even… but it calls for versions that my system have declared incompatible with Win 7, so my strategy is to create the basic scenes in Bryce 6, in tandem with Bryce 3.1.73, than reopen them in Bryce 7 and add the advanced features like fill light and the rest. I can’t even do that, because I can’t even bridge to Studio to begin with. The links used to take me to the appropiate Daz3 version during Bryce 7 installation that worked on my computer are gone… I don’t know why you cleared the page and left an incomprehensible and useless (with a link that doesn’t even work, I might add). The first link is the link from DAZ to install Daz 3; the following is what comes up when I get there.

When I get to the page, there is a tiny bullet list in the upper left hand corner in small Times new Roman type:
    >>{lang:memberlist} is a hotlink to the following blank page: http://www.daz3d.com/i/software/{path:memberlist}

Why can't I get access to the proper Daz3 downloads? I wish Daz wouldn't update then delete previous versions... I create charecters in DAZ to import into Bryce, noothing more fancy than that.

Good eye... that was one of my first renders using V3, I was hoping it woulsn't be noticable, but then again, I posted it to see if anyone noticed... That was before I realized B6 models were 10 times as big as B5 models... even though they haven't adjusted the fog or haze or wave ratio. I shrink all my scenes to B5 size, especially water scenes, so the atmospheric ratio stays correct, and the waves are larger on my boating scenes.
    Goosed_at_Sea.jpg
    600 x 487 - 61K
    Post edited by Brycescaper on
    edited June 2012

Good eye... that was one of my first renders using V3, I was hoping it woulsn't be noticable, but then again, I posted it to see if anyone noticed... That was before I realized B^ models were 10 times as big as B5 models... even though they haven't adjusted the fog or haze or wave ratio. I shrink all my scenes to B5 size, especially water scenes, so the atmospheric ratio stays correct, and the waves are larger on my boating scenes.
    You gotta wish this 'pic' was taken like five seconds later ROFL
    edited June 2012

I hate double posting... I used the wrong edit button LOL
    But, has anyone else noticed the dead pages? There was w older version download page but when I clicked it anotherr blank page came up. .I swear they must've googled every site that had the old daz software and changed the links to the new one. Now THAT is a perfect example of 'burning your bridges'. I know this is a Bryce forum, but my Bryce isn't interfacing with any version of Daz... version 4 is incomatible, so my computer.Beforwe my HD crashed, I transferred everything to the old backup drive including the drivers. I reinstalled them, but it still didn't help make the DS4 work. I guess it's not my system, now that everthing thart was there before has been restored.

Fawn_and_Butterfly.jpg
    600 x 450 - 118K
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    did you try reset DS3 in your account ?
    DS 4.5 works with Bryce 7 for me . I am using Win 7 .
    also you should make your model smaller for your scene - its in the terrain .

I can't find the 3.1.23 version, Bryce tells me it is compatible, but I can't find that around the net... only the various 3.0 versions. And I know Daz 4 is supposed[/em to work with Bryce 7, but I get no response when I initiate DS4. I think my Bryce is fine, its Daz4 that's gone schizoid.
    Salmon.jpg
    600 x 406 - 45K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Do you have DS3 in your Itemized Order History? If so, you can reset it to get 3.1.2.32

Do you mean the installer for DS4 doesn't work, or that it installed but doesn't launch?