More Male Genesis 8 Content Please

While the genesis 8 contents are increasing which is very good alot of new content are mostly for female, from poses to wearables to new characters... 

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604

Yep, that is normal as the majority of users use the female characters more.

You might enjoy this thread

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/250406/musings-observation-dazworld-s-male-shortage-r-e-the-female-to-male-ratio#latest

• We need more male too!

• The thing is that even thou male characters are not that "Most Wanted" they are important as well. People that create products could just update their own and maybe add some textures or so and there wont be a shortage of products. I like what @zeddicuss is doing, he is also updating the g3 content to work as well as for g8. 

• I second this, I would like to see more Male characters! Especially the stylized ones. They got rid of Hiro, which is one of my favorite characters to date. Then they did Cory 6, which in my opinion was quite ugly. Then they came out with Guy 7 which I though was great! And Kenji 7 who was sort of a stylized character.

They keep releasing all these stylized females, but they have no male counter parts! 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,897

This is a really good idea, and you can help make it happen by convincing the customer base to buy more male content!

• RuthvenRuthven Posts: 631

A G8 porting for: 

- Hiro 5

- Teen Jayden 6 

- Teen Brodie 6

- Elijah 7

- Kenji 7

In any case, more hot guys, stylized and not. Would like very much a manga-style (NOT Toriyama's style, Clamp's style!) adult character or set of morps, 

• RuthvenRuthven Posts: 631
    Ruthven said:

A G8 porting for: 

- Hiro 5

- Teen Jayden 6 

- Teen Brodie 6

- Elijah 7

- Kenji 7

In any case, more hot guys, stylized and not. Would like very much a manga-style (NOT Toriyama's style, Clamp's style!) adult character or set of morps, 

Was forgetting Guy 7 (more for the PA characters than the figure itself) and Tween Ryan 7

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Looks like SOME but not ALL prayers were answered...

https://www.daz3d.com/brothers-bundle-for-genesis-8-male

I would also like all the Morpheus and G2 toon figures updated to G8

• ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 530
    edited May 2018

I'd love to see androgynous G8M characters. Not cartoon type, more real to life. I managed to use one G3M but need more.

Post edited by ArtsyDragon on
  • melaniemelanie Posts: 770

I agree, we need more male content, including characters. The real world is not made up mostly of women. We need men! I buy quite a lot of male content. I tend to use more male characters than female. I've noticed that character designers are running out of unique female faces. They're all starting to look alike. It's becoming a world of clones. I'd like to see more individuality, and not so many "beautiful people." Let's see more men and women with different faces. I'm glad to see there have been figures coming out with more character. It's a good start. But yes, definitely more male content.

• DalapoismDalapoism Posts: 4
    edited May 2018

I would like to see non-anime Asian Male & Female characters in the Genesis 8 bundle line up. But in this Genesis 8 Male suggestion, i would like to see a Lee 8 to be released and also a character of South East Asian decent in the future, example being Vietnamese, Cambodian, Thai, Malayasian, or a Filipino just like me (lolz), etc.

Post edited by Dalapoism on
  • Sooo... we want new male content for genesis 8... and we got -----> https://www.daz3d.com/05-23-meet-floyd-8

I've seen some complaints about Genesis 8 content, and I'm frankly baffled.

There has been some really different, really envelope stretching stuff made for Genesis 8. Floyd is yet another example. Heh.

I love it!

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064

The Daz Store needs more male counterparts to their female product lines.  With all these anime/Japanese female characters, an asian G8 male, like Lee 8, is sorely missing.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    Oso3D said:

This is a really good idea, and you can help make it happen by convincing the customer base to buy more male content!

If male content was more interesting and available for the same price as the female options - coughFloyd"deal"cough - more customers might get interested. Or not.. considering for what a lot of all these 3D things are used... devil

People who create both male and female content have REPEATEDLY stated that their sales for male content are consistently lower than that for female content.

edited May 2018
    Oso3D said:

People who create both male and female content have REPEATEDLY stated that their sales for male content are consistently lower than that for female content.

That's no excuse.  Lee 8 is MIA, and there's like one billion Chinese people.  Probably why there is more Chinese content than Japanese (only 130 million people).  If Daz was purely profit driven, all we would see is big-breasted white women.  There has to be some diversity.

Post edited by Seven193 on
  • Dave230 said:
    Oso3D said:

That's no excuse.  Lee 8 is MIA, and there's like one billion Chinese people.  Probably why there is more Chinese content than Japanese (only 130 million people).

Well think about this: I put all the good stuff on sale right now... people buy it then because they have everything they wont even come to check new items...i suppose that is why they are selling every now and then a new gen 8 model male or female. I would also like an asian looking male or female.

Oso3D said:

I wonder why...

Dave230 said:

That's no excuse.  Lee 8 is MIA, and there's like one billion Chinese people.  Probably why there is more Chinese content than Japanese (only 130 million people).  If Daz was purely profit driven, all we would see is big-breasted white women.  There has to be some diversity.

So you're thankful that they will encourage diversity more than it is profitable for them? Cool.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    edited May 2018
    Dave230 said:
    Oso3D said:

If you think you a minute the 1 billion Chinese people bought Lee 7 & Mei Lin 7 that DAZ wouldn't be releasing model after model of what those 1 billion Chinese customers are buying?

And are you sure there isn't a DAZ competitor already doing wonderful sales in China? Or that the majority of people in mainland China even have access to the website?

What DAZ does know is that approximately 1 billion customers in Europe, the Americas, and Australia, and New Zealand constitute most of their far less than 1 billion customer sales that have been driving their product cycles.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • We got Darius we can also get a asian looking. We also have aliens so...

edited May 2018

We got Darius we can also get a asian looking. We also have aliens so...

I was impatient Guy8  and Girl 8 but I learned i'll have to wait as I don't run DAZ 3D's agenda. Certainly just because Darius 8 and aliens have been released doesn't mean that DAZ 3D did that because of complaints in the forum as opposed to an actual business release schedule designed to create good product over the entire 2 year Genesis 8 release cycle.

It's not like there isn't a half dozen of more PA products of folk from the Far East for Genesisis 8 already or that you can't use Lee 7, Lee 6, Mei Lin 7, Mei Lin 6 similat to how others use Guy 7 and Girl 7, Toon Generations 2, Morpheus, and many more.

You should open a ticket and complain there. We folk in the forum don't make DAZ products. 

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Dave230 said:
    Oso3D said:

It the market enconomy we live in, it is the best; folks have to live, so they make what they feel confidnent will give them a return on investment.

I'd hate to go to work, wondering if I'd get paid the same this month as last.

June, July, and August are probably horrible sales months anyway.  Everyone is out of school, doing other things, so it doesn't matter what they release.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604
    Dave230 said:
    Oso3D said:

That is the only excuse. If you depend on what you sell to keep a roof over your head and food on the table, then sales are the only thing that matters, not what one or more users think is needed.

Dave230 said:

June, July, and August are probably horrible sales months anyway.  Everyone is out of school, doing other things, so it doesn't matter what they release.

Assuming that the majority of DS users are students which I highly doubt they are. For the working public, summer isn't any different that the rest of the year other than being warmer, LOL

edited May 2018

That is the only excuse. If you depend on what you sell to keep a roof over your head and food on the table, then sales are the only thing that matters, not what one or more users think is needed.

If sales matter, then please explain the reasoning behind characters like Floyd, Ollie, Edie, and Penny, which have never appeared in the entire history of Daz.  You would think they would cover their basics first, like characters that already have a longer history.

Post edited by Seven193 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited May 2018

They are releasing more content, so feel able to try stuff; show your appreciation by buying, so Daz continue to try new style products.

The reason many of the previously released male products have not been released in later generations is that they sold poorly - or so I understand.

Post edited by nicstt on
    Dave230 said:

If sales matter, then please explain the reasoning behind characters like Floyd, Ollie, Edie, and Penny, which have never appeared in the entire history of Daz.  You would think they would cover their basics first, like characters that already have a longer history.

Sales or do you think gaming and visual books, novels, comic books, animations, and so on only use 100% realistic representations of people? 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567
    edited May 2018

We don't actually know how well Floyd, Ollie, Edie and Penny sold. The forums don't really represent the majority of daz buyers.... So while they appear popular based on the enthusiastic response here, it doesn't mean they sold well enough to get more products released in the same vein.

Likewise, we don't know how well Gianni, Lee, and the rest sold. I am going to guess they didn't sell as great as I'd hoped or we would've seen them by now.

I agree that it is disheartening to have continuous ongoing female releases. For example the over-sized shirt released for G8 female today, I would've liked to have a male fit. Yes, I could buy it and see, but I'm not going to. It might look cute on a certain type of character.

The best advice I can give is buy male content, and support artists who make male content here and elsewhere.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • We don't actually know how well Floyd, Ollie, Edie and Penny sold. The forums don't really represent the majority of daz buyers.... So while they appear popular based on the enthusiastic response here, it doesn't mean they sold well enough to get more products released in the same vein.

Likewise, we don't know how well Gianni, Lee, and the rest sold. I am going to guess they didn't sell as great as I'd hoped or we would've seen them by now.

I agree that it is disheartening to have continuous ongoing female releases. For example the over-sized shirt released for G8 female today, I would've liked to have a male fit. Yes, I could buy it and see, but I'm not going to. It might look cute on a certain type of character.

The best advice I can give is buy male content, and support artists who make male content here and elsewhere.

I bought Penny cause i think i can make her a Mother or someone a bit older like a doctor or something like that. Eddie i bought cause i got free extra stuff with it .