Request: Young Boy and Girl Hair and Wardrobe from 1950s

I am wondering if anybody would be interested in developing a wardrobe for a young boy and girl, as depicted in the photo below?  Thanks in advance.

Also, what child figure would be recommended for this wardrobe?  The kids look to be about 7 or 8 years old.

Comments

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325

DeepSea probably has the best male around that age range at present.  Actually they may have the only child model around that age.   Search Lola's Son

Lola's son.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 123K
  • EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,069

I saw Lola's Son on the DAZ Shop.  It's pretty cute.  But I can put off that boy figure and wardrobe until later.

I'd like to know if there are any girl morphs that fir the description of the girls in the photo?  And if there are any clothing and shoes to fit the description?

• EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,069

I purchased the Kids 4 Pro Bundle, as a head start.  It was on sale, majorly marked down.  Good thing I purchased it while I did.

Worst case scenario, I may see if I can acquire a freebie or create an outfit myself.  After all, I did download Hexagon a while back, and I could finally get a chance to learn how to use such program to create clothing.

The girl in the photo appears to be wearing a cardigan, a white blouse and a relatively short skirt with a brown shade of tartan cloth.  The shoes appear to be red loafers, and long white socks to accompany the shoes.

• I believe she was asking about 50s kids CLOTHES, not so much kids that age.  That said...  the Growing Up morph packs let you set age to 5or6, 9or10, or early-teen (which I'd equate to 13or14), I have used these extensively.  Depending on the Growing Up morph pack you have, take any grownup Genesis 1, 2 , 3, or 8 character, apply the morph... instant kid.

But yeah, more kids 50s clothes (and 60s clothes, and 70s clothes, etc) would be welcome.

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    edited May 2018

I agree with the OP; Clothing, Shoes and Hair designed specifically for youngsters, such as shown in the image by the OP, would be very useful. In my opinion K4 was and is a complete disaster due to the rigging (the shoulders made characters look more like dwarves than kids, IMO). There are a number of good child characters available at Renderosity, such as those by Angel Wings (G3) and also Zev0's morphs (G3 and G8) in the DAZ store can be used to create your own child characters. However, it seems few PAs are creating Clothing, Shoes and Hair for them. This is a great pity since it takes a lot of work to modify items made for adult figures to fit these younger characters and much adult oriented clothing is not appropriate anyway. It would be great to see a range of archetypal Clothing, Shoes and Hair for children from each decade from the 50's to the present day.

Post edited by IsaacNewton on