vanashing parts

DeamonoxDeamonox Posts: 83
edited July 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

hello, I'm rather new to the Daz3d program but I would like to know if there is a way to make Different parts of a Genesis model become invisible at certain key frames of animation

thank you in advance for any help rendered to me

Post edited by Deamonox on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

In the Scene pane, click on the 'eye' icon to turn off the visibility of selected parts.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure if that can be animated as part of the timeline. What kind of effect are you trying for?

• DeamonoxDeamonox Posts: 83
    edited December 1969

@spottedKitty the Idea is that as the scene progresses the parts can logger been seen to avoid clipping which anoys the buggery out of me, the scene is adult base so i would rather not describe it

edited December 1969

Is it pokethrough you're having a problem with? (Parts of the figure underneath showing through clothes.) Vanishing the affected body parts is one way of getting around it, but there are other ways that work whether you're doing single image or animation.

edited December 1969

and what other ways would you recommend spottedkitty, and you could call it pokethrough given what i'm doing to the other model, scene has two models in it

edited December 1969

For a clothes pokethrough:

Select the clothes in the Scene tab. Look at the Parameters tab, in the General section is there a Mesh Smoothing subsection? If not, go back to the Scene tab, pull down the Options menu (the little lines widget in the top right corner of the tab) and select Edit>Apply Smoothing Modifier.

Back in the Parameters tab, click on that Mesh Smoothing subsection and look at the parameter dials you can now see. Simply adding the modifier at default settings might have fixed the problem, if not, try nudging the Smoothing Iterations and/or Collision Iterations values upwards by 1 until the pokethrough disappears. Note that this will slow down the Viewport if you make any changes to the pose or morph of the figure, if this is a problem click on the Enable Smoothing to turn it off until you're ready to render.

If your problem is one figure poking another to cause a soft-body squish, that's... complicated. D|S doesn't have soft-body dynamics yet, although there are rumours. Maybe in the next version. It is possible to fake this, but it's not simple, fast or straightforward to set up.

Hope this helps.

edited December 1969

thanks, for the help Spottedkitty, I didn't even know you could do that with the clothing as for the squish thing i have found something that claims to be an impact mod on the daz store, but in this case that's not quite whats going on, I guess I might as well come clean and say what the scene involves or rather the sort of scene, the scene I am creating is for a vore fetish bunch as a sort of gift, hence the clip through problem as I'm trying to hide the other model from view

edited December 1969

Ahh... well, in that case what you can do is, as each figure part goes out of sight, animate the "Scale" parameter for that part turning it down to 1% or less. You might need to experiment with different values, but the end result should be a figure that gradually appears to vanish — what's actually happening is that each part that's now hidden from view is so small it won't show in the final render.

Does that make more sense?