saz seal
daz sea hatchling

thanks smiley

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,791

3Dage had a millennium cat walk

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

thanks.  

mebbe we could start up a nla share/exchange ??

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040

Not a bad idea.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Yes, good idea!

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

carrara cafe would be a natural consolidation mechanism!

--ms

kewl!  

nothing to offer yet, goose still in the 'looks like he's skating' stage

dont hink coldnta picked an easier model,  goose and flying goose 2 separate figures
    is basically legs, beak, 6 parts to the neck

waddle waddle waddle

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Getting a nice looking walk cycle is never that easy - it's not just the legs that move but many other parts of the body. With a goose, the body will move side to side to give that characteristic waddle, the neck will compensate for that, etc.  See if you can find a good source video on YouTube and use that as reference (that's what I did for the Bear Walk).

PhilW said:

Getting a nice looking walk cycle is never that easy - it's not just the legs that move but many other parts of the body. With a goose, the body will move side to side to give that characteristic waddle, the neck will compensate for that, etc.  See if you can find a good source video on YouTube and use that as reference (that's what I did for the Bear Walk).

saw some swans at the babylon duck pond  

interesting if a bit dry

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

I like the idea of a community collection of NLA clips,. not so sure about hosting on a Commercially owned site .and i've always had issues even loggin into the cafe,. so i don't.

I'd prefer to add my own dropbox links,..  or upload to shareCG.

NLA Clip:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3og9iu1fek4rea8/subDragon swoop land.cbr?dl=0

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Thank you Andy!

We have a thead for that on Carrarators visible when connected, I started to upload a NLA serie in 2014 but today, dropbox didn't keep it.

CarraraCafé is maybe a better place but like you, I cannot login anymore...

edited May 2018

Thanks DUDU :)

I've never had any issues with dropbox, but i know they changed some things a few montha ago,. you should contact them and see if they can help

with cloud stuff it's much easier to archive.

here's another sub dragon clip,. flying loop

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6c9p5ng4gdhr2l/Sub dragon flight.cbr?dl=0

Daz Dragon3 and subdragon,.. flying loop animation test

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ntd0mzn4pe0ilbd/Dragon3_Flap.cbr?dl=0

Post edited by 3DAGE on

dragons heart

lol  saw aiko3 walk in cafe downloads

edited May 2018

here's a starting point

http://www.sharecg.com/get_file.php?upload_file_id=61159

Carrara nla clips for V3/M3 | V4/M4 | Genesis1 male and female | Genesis2 male and female.

You can add these clips to your "My Clips" sections of your browser (MyDocuments/Daz3D/Carrara/MyPresets/MyClips)

In Carrara, you can drag the NLA clips you want to use, from the browser, into your "Clips" section of the right hand SCENE panel,

from the Clips panel,. you can drag the clip into a figure's  NLA track in the sequencer timeline,.

you can set the NLA options for that clip to "Loop",. or change the speed, or reverse the animation, in the NLA tab.

with NLA tracks,. you can select which parts of the figure, the animation in the clip will effect.

or, if you want to edit the animation,.  load the clip data into the timeline and edit whatever you need,.

Hope it helps

steps promo pic.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 454K
    Post edited by 3DAGE on
    edited May 2018

kewlll!  thanks smiley

Post edited by Mistara on

can i type in somehow the exact stretch of nla dragged in?

calibrrating hip translation to leg movement smiley

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

wow, those look good, some particularly impressive!. love the video... (ouch)  :^)

tnx!

--ms

If you set the clip to "loop" you can drag the end and either pull it our to repeat the loop,. or,.. you can simply drag the end closer to the start to limit the length

You could also  load in the Clip data, from the nla clip, to your timeline,. as keyframes,. then delete what you don't want,. save as new nla.

The simple way to match a walk cycle and forward motion, (to avoid footslip). is to edit the keyframes in the timeline (load clip data),.

Edit the HIP/motion method/ transform /Position/ Y.

scrub the timeline to the end of your animation,. and then drag the hip forward. ,. go back to the start and play it ,. if needed,. go to the end frame and adjust the figures position until it looks right.

once you're happy, you can save it as a new NLA clip,.. or add more keyframes and adjust/refine the position for each second, or each frame.

hope that makes sense :)

Thankyou mindsong :)