Coming soon: Steel Framed Specs.

DogzDogz Posts: 896

Currently in QA,
A pack of 5 steel framed specs, for Daz Studio and (hopefully) Poser without a DSON requirement :)

*modelled around Genesis/Genesis 2 but they should be able to fit just about any human character via several Adjustment morphs supplied.
The Specs are smart props, so they are simply parented to a figures head (not conformed)

*The arms can be folded up, so they may also be used in the hands, hung from a shirt collar or placed on table etc.

*56 mats in including partial mats for the lenses (clear, rayban etc)

*8 plus Mat Zones per pair, so it will be easy to used your own shader sets if desired.

*16 Fit /shape presents provided, mostly for popular Gen5 shapes, but also for the new Gen6 female and Gen 4 V4.2

That's about it, stay tuned.....

Popup_02.jpg
700 x 910 - 546K
Popup_06.jpg
700 x 910 - 491K
Popup_05.jpg
700 x 910 - 541K
Popup_04.jpg
700 x 910 - 529K
Popup_03.jpg
700 x 910 - 537K
Post edited by Dogz on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,149
    edited December 1969

These look great! You were smart to avoid all the generated morph problems that occur with conformed glasses.

• DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited December 1969

Ta, and yes, conforming glasses are impossible. with these there are some morphs for the arms to adjust length, width and height,
    and some morphs for the Nose Grips, again to adjust height, depth, width, and angle. That's pretty much all you need to fit them to any (human) head,

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Very much needed in my view and thank you for doing these :)

Another Dogz product waiting to get bought ... soon (tm) - hope I didn't jinx it :D

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

They look great. I think i need them : - )

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Looks really good, Dogz!

• Chou-VertChou-Vert Posts: 122
    edited December 1969

These are very well done. I'm looking forward using them, they'll add a lot of character to my renders.

• scal.64.psscal.64.ps Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

wow looks great, they'll fall quickly in my cart once released

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,028
    edited December 1969

Very cool. Instant customer here.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited July 2013

Now this is more my style...Awesome:) Been looking for nice thin framed specs for a while.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252
    edited December 1969

Very nice indeed. I'm still plugging along with Victoria's Morphing eyewear (can't remember which Victoria, but nothing later than 3, and quite possibly earlier) It still works, and has the half-glasses morph. But it's *creakily* old.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited July 2013

These look excellent... Instant purchase here, too. Love that an Aviator look is being included. Just need someone to do a pilot's outfit and helmet for Genesis now. :)

Any chance of a visor-like frame to match with science-fiction-themed scenes?

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Count me in for these. As someone else said, a much needed and overdue accessory for our real world people. Can't wait!

• OridionOridion Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Realistically, sometimes you can see a distortion behind the lens at certain angles. The previews don't really show it, but is it possible to achieve something like that?

Sorry if I come off as being picky, I'm just a little curious. The product looks absolutely amazing!

Thanks!

• Roberto MeloRoberto Melo Posts: 496
    edited December 1969

Dogz said:
    Currently in QA,
    A pack of 5 steel framed specs, for Daz Studio and (hopefully) Poser without a DSON requirement :)

*modelled around Genesis/Genesis 2 but they should be able to fit just about any human character via several Adjustment morphs supplied.
    The Specs are smart props, so they are simply parented to a figures head (not conformed)

*The arms can be folded up, so they may also be used in the hands, hung from a shirt collar or placed on table etc.

*56 mats in including partial mats for the lenses (clear, rayban etc)

*8 plus Mat Zones per pair, so it will be easy to used your own shader sets if desired.

*16 Fit /shape presents provided, mostly for popular Gen5 shapes, but also for the new Gen6 female and Gen 4 V4.2

That's about it, stay tuned.....

Very goooood!! :)

• pierremeupierremeu Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Great product, thank you.

I would like to reproduce one of your characters above (just for me), he has exactly the kind of face that I need.
    Can you tell me what morph you used and what texture ?

Thank you very much

Capture_d’écran_2013-07-29_à_22.15_.50_.jpg
    452 x 625 - 83K
    edited August 2013

@ pierremeu, yes it just 100% David 5 but with the M5/Philip textures. nice and easy,
    I find both David 5's and the Young teens textures to be quite an un-healthy shade of yellow. It looks abit like they are dying of malaria or something.:D -So I never use them.

Post edited by Dogz on
    edited December 1969

Oridion said:
    Realistically, sometimes you can see a distortion behind the lens at certain angles. The previews don't really show it, but is it possible to achieve something like that?

Sorry if I come off as being picky, I'm just a little curious. The product looks absolutely amazing!

Thanks!

I know what you mean and I did briefly look in to it, but I found nothing in the DS material/shader pre-sets that would replicate this effect.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,149
    edited December 1969

I've started having problems with the fit presets. When I use one, it scales the glasses down to a tiny size. In the case of the V6 fit for Designer Square glasses, it scaled them to negative 6.5 percent!

This is what I did:
    1) Load Victoria 6
    2) Select Victoria 6 Head, as described in the readme
    3) Double Click on Designer Square prop in the content library. The glasses go onto V6 head and look pretty good. They are parented to V6 Head in the Scene Tab. So far so good.
    4) Select the Designer Square in the Scene Tab
    4) Double click on Fit Victoria 6 in the Fits folder D Square subfolder. The glasses get tiny and fall through the floor.

Help!!!