Odd errors in log file in DS 4.6 when loading Genesis

jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I've got some strange errors in my Log File that I don't quite understand. It's not affecting the loading of Genesis or using characters or anything so I haven't noticed before. Only noticed today when I had reason to look at the log file.

There is a HEAP of ones that are like this:

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/smay/Mavka/MCMMavkaSurprise.dsf#PHMSurprise?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/smay/Mavka/MCMMavkaSurprise.dsf
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/smay/Mavka/MCMMavkaSnarlR.dsf#PHMSnarlRight?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/smay/Mavka/MCMMavkaSnarlR.dsf

and then there are ones like this:

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Expression Morphs Expansion/PHMSurprise.dsf#PHMSurprise?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Hiro 5/MCMHiro5Surprise.dsf

there are HEAPS of htem. Too many for me to paste here.

What causes them??

I'm using 4.6.0.018

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I just checked in my 'data' folder, and I have the files that DS is looking for in my data folder, in the correct path as well. Your log also says it can't find PHMSnarlRight?value in that DSF file, and on checking, I found that in the DSF file as well.

Does Mavka have all the morphs when loaded? I loaded Genesis, applied Mavka, then in the Parameters pane, I looked for SnarlRight and Surprise, since those two were mentioned in your log. I selected the Genesis Head, and in the Parameters pane under Pose Controls > Head > Expressions, I have Snarl Right and Surprise at the very bottom of the list, do you have them (I expect not)

This is what I get in my Log File when I load Genesis, as you can see, both of yours are at the bottom. I have loads of these, but they all seem to load without a problem. Did you move the 'Data' folder, and can you check to see if you have the missing files in that folder?

Loaded image AzumiHead.png
    Loaded image AzumiHead.png
    Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.
    Loaded file: FHMMavka.dsf
    Loaded file: MCMMavkaSnarlR.dsf
    Loaded file: PHMSnarlRight.dsf
    Loaded file: MCMMavkaSurprise.dsf
    Loaded file: PHMSurprise.dsf
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

oh my gosh, i DON'T have those in the expressions at all!!!! (when using Mavka)

I've NEVER moved my data folder, ever!!!

I bought Mavka in April this year, so surely there wouldn't be an update since then? She'd been out for a while.

I looked in my Product library and there seem to be 2 Mavka files that are named the same.

Mavka for Genesis 15.50 MB
    Mavka for Genesis PoserCF 669.14 KB
    Mavka for Genesis 15.50 MB
    Mavka for Genesis PoserCF

I don't need the poser files, but why are there 2 "Mavka for Genesis" files that are the same size? I'm pretty sure I installed Mavka via the DIM, and I THINK I only installed 1 file.

edited December 1969

...BUT those files ARE in the data folder.

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/smay/Mavka/MCMMavkaSnarlR.dsf#PHMSnarlRight?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/smay/Mavka/MCMMavkaSnarlR.dsf

data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\smay\Mavka\MCMMavkaSnarlR.dsf IS there.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

Those appear to be correction morphs - they are meant tot ake their valeu from both the shape, Mavka or whatever, and the expression morph they are tweaking to work with Mavka. If you don''t have the morphs that are being corrected then the link won't be made, the correction morph will always be zero, and that's OK as it isn't needed.

edited December 1969

Those appear to be correction morphs - they are meant tot ake their valeu from both the shape, Mavka or whatever, and the expression morph they are tweaking to work with Mavka. If you don''t have the morphs that are being corrected then the link won't be made, the correction morph will always be zero, and that's OK as it isn't needed.

sorry Richard, but that went over my head. LOL. Are you saying that somethign IS wrong with my Mavka install which is why those files are coming up in the log file? Or that I have the files that the log file is saying I need?

sheesh, I get so freakin' confused sometimes with DS.

edited December 1969

ah. I'm also getting a "duplicate id" error when I load genesis. It's for a genesis character .dsf that is NOT from DAZ tho.

edited December 1969

I'm saying it probably isn't an error - it's code to make the Mavka morph play nicely with some morphs you don't have, I think.

As for the duplicate IDs, you don't want to run my script on something that points to the master Genesis file so if you are using the latest version of the character, and if you check you don't have two copies of its \Data folder files installed, I'm not sure what to suggest.

edited December 1969

thanks Richard. None of the errors in the logfile seem to be affecting anything, I just wanted to know why they were there in case it IS affecting something that I am unaware.

Yeah with the duplicate ID thing I can't work out what it is - I uninstalled the character adn the dup ID thing has gone away. There's not two copies of its data folder there, and I can't remember exactly WHAT it is in teh file that causes the error message. It's just a pain having that message come up every time I load Genesis.

edited December 1969

Which character is it? On the (slim) chance that I have it I can have a poke at it; if not you will need to contact the maker.

edited December 1969

Which character is it? On the (slim) chance that I have it I can have a poke at it; if not you will need to contact the maker.

It's Silver's new character Gwenyth at Rendo. Which is why I found it odd - she's experienced at doing Genesis characters and I haven't had that error come up with her stuff before. I'd like to know what it is in the file that throws the errors, so I can let her know in case she gets messages from other customers. Like I said, it doesn't affect any use of the character I noticed.

edited December 1969

cwichura posted a fix for Gwenyth http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/367818/