can an ended iray render be restarted?

davesodaveso Posts: 6,437

i think i just answered my question ..but my renders last 2 hours..set in one of those render settings... sometimes the result isn;t cooked enough yet. Can I start it up again? but then what a dumb question ... all one needs to do is change the settings to run longer and start again.

What else would allow the render to complete..maybe 80-90% so it looks good and not all noisey. 

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

You can if the Resume button is in black font, not gray font. There is a small white arrow on the left edge of the render that you can click & then increase the time of the render and some of the other settings.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Only if you haven't messed with studio. You can pause and resume, as long as you don't change something or mess with a dial. but if you do, you have to start over I'm afraid.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,437

You can if the Resume button is in black font, not gray font. There is a small white arrow on the left edge of the render that you can click & then increase the time of the render and some of the other settings.

awesome..i will try that

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932
    daveso said:

awesome..i will try that

To add: If your render stopped because it hit one of the limits (time, iterations,...), you need to first use the side panel in the render window to increase the limit in order to be able to resume.

Ciao

TD