Can you use DAZ to rig models that DAZ didn't make?

Hey guys, DAZ noob here. I like what I'm learning about this product so far, but there's one thing that's bothering me. If I wanted to make a render featuring Batman, is it possible to import a 3D model of Batman into DAZ and rig it and pose it there- even if it's not something DAZ made itself?

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, if it is please point me in the right direction and I'll stop bothering you :)

Comments

• Yes, though it is not a simple task. You can't use the Transfer Utility, which is what most guides cover (for rigging clothes and hair), instead you use the Figure setup pane to create a figure, then you use the Joint Editor to correctly place the bones, then you have to edit the weight maps. The tools are all there, but it's fiddly.

• InkuboInkubo Posts: 734
    edited April 2018

That brings up another question... If rigging custom characters and objects inside DAZ Studio is painful, is there any way to do the rigging in other software and simply import the fully rigged character?

Post edited by Inkubo on
  • I don't know that it's painful, or at least that it's worse than doing a similar sequence in other applications, but no there isn't really  way to bring rigged items  (other than legacy Poser rigging) in with their rigging complete. You can try FBX or Collada, but the results are not guaranteed.

• InkuboInkubo Posts: 734

OK.Thanks!