How can I convert texture maps from V/M4 to Genesis?

XadeXade Posts: 236
edited April 2018 in The Commons

I've tried to load uvsets from the V4 into Genesis 1 (I have many shapes for Gen1 including Generation 3 and 4) But I keep getting an error, "The UV map was invalid" I am taking it directly from the Daz People folder G:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Geometries\DAZPeople\ I really need to update my maps to genesis. I eventually plan to get everything up to genesis 8 but I need to start with Gen 1 due to cost. Can anyone help or do I have to manually paint the textures over to genesis?

Or should I go into Blender and update the uvs manually and try to do it that way?

Post edited by Xade on

Comments

• In order to load a UV Set the OBJ must have the same vertices and polygons, which the Victoria 4 and Genesis figures don't. However, Genesis already have the Victoria 4, Michael 4, and Kids 4 UVs

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563

It will cost you more going from generation to generation when you can spend less and go straight thru to G8. What are your detailed goals for getting things to G8?

• XadeXade Posts: 236

In order to load a UV Set the OBJ must have the same vertices and polygons, which the Victoria 4 and Genesis figures don't. However, Genesis already have the Victoria 4, Michael 4, and Kids 4 UVs

Yeah, I just noticed that, but the v4 has a very weird face. Fortunately I have the same texture as m4 so it's all good

It will cost you more going from generation to generation when you can spend less and go straight thru to G8. What are your detailed goals for getting things to G8?

Well, a few years ago, when Genesis first came out I bought the iconic paacks for both 3 and 4. Then Daz ate my save files and after a while I moved on. Now I decided to go back to my webcomic so I am  looking at updating all my old 4 stuff the the current genesis, since morph loader doesnt like v4. I would love to go Aiko/Hiro 8 (if they are out) but I only have Aiko 6. I tried to find Hiro 6 to wish list it but I couldnt find him. Anyhow I noticed that genesis 8 does not have the uv sets I need so I would have to get that situated first.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Morphloader doesn't have a problem with Victoria 4 you are just not using the right export and import settings in Studio and Blender.

jestmart said:

Morphloader doesn't have a problem with Victoria 4 you are just not using the right export and import settings in Studio and Blender.

I used the same exact method that failed for V4 that worked for any genesis. Everyting default in daz, "keep Vertex order" going in and out of Blender. Nothing changed except for v4. The deltas would not write as told here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/247716/morph-loader-not-working

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited April 2018

There is no need to export Poser format figures from Studio as they will have an .obj file in the Geometries folder.  The only things you need checked when importing in to Blender is Keep Vertex Order and Poly Groups.  The only things you need checked when exporting from Blender is Selection Only (make sure you have V4 selected),Poly Groups, Objects as OBJ Objects and Keep Vertex Order.  Use Poser scale when importing with Morphloader.  Proof is this simple Conehead morph I made.

Victoria 4 Conehead Morphloader Pro.jpg
    818 x 514 - 118K
    Post edited by jestmart on
    jestmart said:

There is no need to export Poser format figures from Studio as they will have an .obj file in the Geometries folder.  The only things you need checked when importing in to Blender is Keep Vertex Order and Poly Groups.  The only things you need checked when exporting from Blender is Selection Only (make sure you have V4 selected),Poly Groups, Objects as OBJ Objects and Keep Vertex Order.  Use Poser scale when importing with Morphloader.  Proof is this simple Conehead morph I made.

Thank you for the concern jestmart, but I decided to go genesis, and work my way up to at least 3, so I can move all my morphs over to it. 've been having lots of luck converting the clothes over to genesis, I just gotta smooth things in hexagon and figure out how to get the v4 skates https://www.daz3d.com/v4-running-shoes-pack not to warp so bad, maybe export the unchanged model and import it back in as a morph or something. I'll need them for the comic :P

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563
    jestmart said:

Thank you for the concern jestmart, but I decided to go genesis, and work my way up to at least 3, so I can move all my morphs over to it. 've been having lots of luck converting the clothes over to genesis, I just gotta smooth things in hexagon and figure out how to get the v4 skates https://www.daz3d.com/v4-running-shoes-pack not to warp so bad, maybe export the unchanged model and import it back in as a morph or something. I'll need them for the comic :P

On the skates, don't "fit to" on them, just posotion them on the feet and parent to the foot. Should work fine is the pose isn't to extreme.

On the skates, don't "fit to" on them, just posotion them on the feet and parent to the foot. Should work fine is the pose isn't to extreme.

Well that's an idea but I dont think I can separate them to pose them right unless I export them and import them as a prop. I think a morph with the corrected wheels would work well. Ive often sent things to hexagon to smooth things auto fitted to Genesis. It should work with morph loader pro.