LY Glitter Sweet Girls for Growing up for gen 8 freckles problem...

I load the character and everything else works and shows in the render but not the freckles, I read the note in docs that said they only appear in render but still not seeing them.

Load character, select character, and apply freckles?

Am I missing a step?

Comments

• Are you using the right render engine - Iray or 3Delight - for the materials?

• I tried it using both, never saw the freckles

• I just checked this, and I don't have an issue with them. Make sure you're clicking one of the presets and not the label (the one that's just the white word "Freckles" on black is a marker, not a preset). The natural freckles come in at about 60%, so maybe try the utilities for them with a higher intensity.If it still doesn't work, there could be an issue with your download and you may need to download and install it again.

• So you just loaded the character, selected character and applied the freckles right?

• I reinstalled, I loaded the character, applied the freckles, and applied the 3dl shader but still nothing

What am I doing wrong?

I can't figure this out

• Try applying the freckles as the last step?

• So i got it to work on iray, but still no luck on 3dl.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited April 2018

@mikecrea34

Are you actually rendering the scene? You will note that the tip whew you apply the freckles says that they won't appear until you render.

Here's a test render. Default HDRI, 50% Freckle intensity 167 iterations.

LY Glittergirls freckle test 167 iter 50% intens.png
    750 x 1125 - 1M
    Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • Yeah, and I got it to work on Iray but not on 3DL

Can you render it with freckles on 3DL?

And can you take me through the steps to set it up that way?

I must be missing a step

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,142
    edited April 2018

Hmm, looks like you're right - applying the 3Delight setting removes the freckles!

For a fresh-faced un-made-up Glitter Girl, I made it work like this:

1) Load the actor preset (or apply the Iray materials to any G3F/G8F)
    2) Add the freckles (this will put the freckles skin into memory)
    3) Apply the 3Delight setting
    4) In the Surfaces tab, select the Face surface, click on the image icon for the Diffuse Color - this will pop up a list of texture maps. Pick "LY_GlitterSweet_Freckles01b_1001.jpg"
    5) You'll see the freckles in the viewport and they render too.

BUT this won't work if you're using one of the makeups. In that case you'll need to use LIE instead. There is a freckles .png file (LY_GlitterSweet_Freckles01_1001.png) in the Runtime - Textures - Lyoness - GlitterSweet - Extras. You need to load it as a new layer over the face texture with blend mode set to Multiplicative.

I don't know whether this is an actual bug - the freckles are in the topcoat of the Iray shader, which doesn't have an equivalent in the 3Delight AoA Subsurface shader. It may be an oversight by the PA to put in a freckles LIE preset. Not sure how the different freckles weights can be done this way.

ETA: I just fiddled a little more and you can adjust freckle strength by changing the opacity in LIE.

GlitterGirls Freckles.jpg
    504 x 546 - 55K
    GlitterGirls MU Freckles LIE.jpg
    474 x 558 - 52K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • Yeah that worked, thanks.