All Undo's are now "Undo Camera Transform".

I managed to undo some actions and in the "Undo" option, they were named properly, as in "Undo rotation" and such, only now all the "Undo" actions are "Undo Camera Transformation".

Is that *normal*?

Comments

• No, unless they are camera transforms.

• Eagle99Eagle99 Posts: 159

Camera rotations, translations go to the undo list. That's "works as designed" ... and very good to have!

Just switch to the regular Perspective View, when you do poses etc. to prevent the Cam from spamming your undo list.

Perspective View changes don't pop up there.

Kind regards, Eagle99

• edited April 2018

The actions I performed were done in Perspective View mode. I diidn't try to change my view angle in the viewport. Selecting an arm on a G3M and using a Bend dial on it, dragging the poor guy around with the mouse, deleting him, all these appear in the Undo as "Camera Transform". How odd is that?

Additional: if I start DS, load a basic G3M and play around with the dials or the mouse, I get normal undo's. If I try to do the same with a character I have saved as a subset, let's say G3M with a wig, a skin and a pair of boots, then my undo's go wrong.

Post edited by second_technician_rimmer_9571136c47 on

That IS odd... New Scene same thing?

• edited April 2018

Yep. I just tried loading a character which is just a *shape* on g3f. Same stuff. And this is a fully reinstalled DS on a fresh windows.

Even worse: I don't even get any undo's in queue.

• edited April 2018

Aaaalright. I just noticed something and really, someone's got to tell me that I am not mad, here: as long as I do not go into anything else and I don't put DS in the background to go there again after that (opening ds, loading G3F and, while it does that, open my browser to check something and go back to DS, for example) my undo's *work*. But if stray away from DS it gors to hell when I get back in there. 

Edit: I just tried the same trick with several characters, basic loads or personal composites, the same phenomenon occurs everytime. Have I found some kind of bug? It's now 2.30AM and I've been trying to figure this out for hours now... I'll go into coma mode for a few hours and I really could use some advice :)

That sounds like DS is picking up actions you do while in the background and add them to the undo history. Strange. Never had or heard of such an issue.

Could be a bug but also a windows issue. I guess the best is to open a support ticket at DAZ.

Do you use the latest realese?

• edited April 2018

I am using DS Pro 4.10.0.123 64bits.

*Edit: let's add to the bizarre. I wanted to make a video capture of what is happening soI temporarilty moved back all my DS panes to a single window (I usually spread the stuff on two monitors). I tried to trigger the bug again and it did NOT happen. I then put back my interface as I ususally like it and... still not happening again. I am at a total loss when it comes to the logic of this. At time, patterns emerge and then they get contradicted. Prior to my W10 installation, there were clearly some memory management issues, as some of my scripts would crash and especially RiversoftArt's excellent Word Tattoo. After I redid my W10, his script and all others are running fine, so the issue has to come from something else. Can an antivirus cause this? I have seen them do odd and horrible things at times, intercepting some calls they shouldn't. Mine is Eset Endpoint.

Argh... this is going to be one of these strange weekends. :D

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810

the interface is not refreshing by looks and that is usually graphics related

I have never had it happen in DAZ studio but I certainly have in other software 

Carrara for example  will sometimes do it after hair sims or physics sims, the whole interface gets stuck on the last selected scene item showing only its parameters 

Blender has driven me nuts doing it too as I don't find Blender intuitive at the best of times, usually parenting or transferring weights from an armature esp if I play with cycles in the viewport which is why I assume graphics too

• Hmmm... Interesting point you make, O Footsy One. How does that issue resolve itself for you, usually?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810

Hmmm... Interesting point you make, O Footsy One. How does that issue resolve itself for you, usually?

close the program angry