[Fixed] Texture Converter 2 no longer working what happened?

XadeXade Posts: 236
edited July 2018 in The Commons

It just outputs blank files. After a few years of him hawing around I finally decided to go back to Daz studio I found my old TC2 files, reinstalled them and tried to convert some v4 to m4 and it doesn't work right. it simply outputs a blank pz2 file with the image and no image folders. Did the TC2 have some kind of site check and now that the site is no more it's not returning the "ok work command" that it needs. What do I need to make it work again or is there a nice alternative?

Thanks for reading and have a nice day.

Post edited by Xade on

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

I have always used TC2 offline. 

I also have not used it in years so hopefully someone will come along and help.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    edited April 2018

TC2 still works on my computer.

Just it requires Admin privileges certainly because the access to Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library is restricted on Windows 10.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited April 2018

That's odd.

I fired up TC2 myself, and it isn't working on my machine either.  It runs, but doesn't save the images.  At first I thought it was because I'd zipped up and deleted the old save location, but even when I rebuilt it, it wouldn't save anything.  It said it was, but there was nothing in there.

edit - And I've got a Windows 7 machine (there was a.. communication error when my husband tested Windows 10 on his system..)

Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • XadeXade Posts: 236
    edited April 2018
    NoahLGP said:

Just it requires Admin privileges certainly because the access to Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library is restricted on Windows 10.

It automatically starts with administration privileges when I load it. I might try it on my bfs win 7 pc but that would be a major pain to do. I wonder what borked it. Maybe if I block it in windows firewall. Can anyone suggest an alternative or do I have to manually translate them?
    Post edited by Xade on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,811
    edited April 2018
    NoahLGP said:

It automatically starts with administration privileges when I load it. I might try it on my bfs win 7 pc but that would be a major pain to do. I wonder what borked it. Maybe if I block it in windows firewall. Can anyone suggest an alternative or do I have to manually translate them?

If you're just transferring from M4 to V4, you can do a map transfer using original flavor Genesis, I think. (I'm not sure whether or not this is what you mean by "manually translate them.") It uses M4/V4 UV maps by default, and you can use Poser PZ2 files to apply textures, which can't be done with G2 and G3/G8. (It wouldn't work for Genesis 3 or 8 at all, and wouldnt' work for Genesis 2 unless you had some specific packages that add the M4/V4 UV map to G2.)

L'Adair did a tutorial to show how to use Map Transfer.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    edited April 2018

nvm

Post edited by Noah LGP on
    edited April 2018

i meant adapting them by hand in photoshop

Blocking the connection did nothing I guess im doomed to manually  change the textures I need over to other characters by hand

Post edited by Xade on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,811

i meant adapting them by hand in photoshop

Blocking the connection did nothing I guess im doomed to manually  change the textures I need over to other characters by hand

It should be easier to use the Map Transfer function in Studio; that's an automated process. You can't do it in batches of characters, no, but you can do an entire character all at once, and depending on your computer, each character's textures will only take a minute or two at the most.

Map Transfer, I'll look into that. Is there a tutorial or shall I ask Google?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,013

Map Transfer, I'll look into that. Is there a tutorial or shall I ask Google?

There's a tutorial in this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/184696/tutorial-from-map-transfer-to-material-presets/p1

It uses G3 but the principle will be the same for G1.

what about aiko/hiro 3 and v/m 4? I have a massive library of both and need to  translate a few custom textures over to them for my webcomic.

Thanks

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794

I just tested it and it worked for me on Win7

I use png and save to an external disc maybe a file type or permissions issue for some?

I tired it with png but it just doesnt output or paint the images. I'll see about trying it out on win7 since it might not work on win 10

I tired it with png but it just doesnt output or paint the images. I'll see about trying it out on win7 since it might not work on win 10

try running in compatibilty mode for win 7 or earlier XP even

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited April 2018

I use it via Blacksmith Pro, but it works for me. I don't give it Admin privelidges, although I have it write to a custom library.

Post edited by nicstt on

nope nothing. Maybe my copy got corrupted with all the computer crashes and stuff. I bought mine from 3d universe itself and no longer have access to a download location. Can someone pm me a coppy of theirs? (if Im allowed to ask that)

nope nothing. Maybe my copy got corrupted with all the computer crashes and stuff. I bought mine from 3d universe itself and no longer have access to a download location. Can someone pm me a coppy of theirs? (if Im allowed to ask that)

no but you could email 3DU if you have some proof of purchase or an account

how would I contact them when they no longer exist?

• Are you sure they are gone? https://www.3duniverse.co.za/

well, the support page within the program was gone. I thought they left. Thanks

• I just ran it in Win10, jpg, mid resolution, V4 to G3, and it ran just fine saving in a f: drive directory.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    th3Digit said:

I just tested it and it worked for me on Win7

I use png and save to an external disc maybe a file type or permissions issue for some?

I have an old computer with Win XP and it works on that one.  I keep my old XP computer because there's lots of stuff on there that won't run on this desktop.  I've used compatibily mode but it doesn't always help.

edited April 2018

I'll make a virtual machine, install 7 on it and test it out.

Edit: Nope it didnt work Guess I'll look into map transfer within Daz. At least my textures are simple, since I use the Toon shader. On my humans I actually don't bother with a texture, preffing to simply color the model within Daz surfaces. Except the eyes and mouth, gotta texture them or it wont look right. I dont even use shadow maps :P

Post edited by Xade on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,656

Working for me and I'm using Win 10 Pro.

I guess mine is just corrupt and no reply from 3D universe. :(

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited April 2018

Can't you re-download it from your product library ?

Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on

I did not buy it from the daz store, I bought it from the now defunt 3duniverse.com. I wish I could but ... :(

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2018

I did not buy it from the daz store, I bought it from the now defunt 3duniverse.com. I wish I could but ... :(

They are not defunct      https://www.3duniverse.co.za/
    They have a contact us button,  and an email address on site, should show at top right of the front page, if not fo to "More" and proceed to "Contact Us"

Post edited by Chohole on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,305
    nicstt said:

I use it via Blacksmith Pro, but it works for me. I don't give it Admin privelidges, although I have it write to a custom library.

You are referring to a different texture convertor. The one concerning the OP is the one created by 3DU for moving Generation 3 skins to Gen 4. The one you are talking about is the Blacksmith one used for converting much later format skins.

Chohole said:

They are not defunct      https://www.3duniverse.co.za/
    They have a contact us button,  and an email address on site, should show at top right of the front page, if not fo to "More" and proceed to "Contact Us"

I sent an email but they havent replied. :(