For the 2nd time I was Blown away by Zbrush aka pixologic..No support for XP ZB4.6+

foleyprofoleypro Posts: 454
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Stunned I am..I still use XP and Now in order to use ZB4.6 I have to upgrade my OS...Bummed I am...

Its cool I can upgrade in a few months just money I dont have to spend at this moment...

Comments

• Rayman29Rayman29 Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

I'm impressed with Sculptris for morphs. Are there many advantages in ZB, comparatively?

Post edited by Rayman29 on
  • mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

I want to buy and learn zbrush ..... but thought I would wait for zbrush 5.... wonder how SOON that will be??

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure if its the same or not but when you buy it you get the updates free. I know we do but I'm not sure if it was just a promotional thing we got in on numerous years ago when we bought or first version.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Rayman29 said:
    I'm impressed with Sculptris for morphs. Are there many advantages in ZB, comparatively?
    think sculptris on steroids...zbrush would be much more powerful.

I haven't looked at sculptris in a long time but I doubt it would have improved sufficiently to be on the same level. Zbrush is what professional modellers use. It was used by the guy who created the avatar figures.

The only reason I own it is I got a good deal as a platinum club member and it was so much cheaper that what it normally is.

I'm just amazed it is another free update that makes 3 free updates since I got it.

Sorry to hear that xp users won't be able to use it.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

If you are still on Xp and want to upgrade I can only say try windows 7 pro 64 bit

the upgrade option works really well, no loss of information of done properly

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038
    edited December 1969

I find Zbrush models over-modeled and unusable. Having facial expressions and wrinkles permanently modeled into the figure severely limits their usability. In real life, the wrinkles in someone's pants do not stay in exactly the same position no matter what position they are in. A shirt hanging out of pants does not stay frozen in place. Facial expressions are ever changing, having them frozen on the face of a figure is super-artificial.

DAZ and the other content distributors are selling Zbrush modeled content that has all these faults. They look great in the promo images, and they look great in one position, but when you change their position, for example in 100 frames of a comic book, it becomes instantly obvious that having unchanging details is a liability.

Morphs may be OK, I don't know - but details - no.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

foleypro said:
    Stunned I am..I still use XP and Now in order to use ZB4.6 I have to upgrade my OS...Bummed I am...

Its cool I can upgrade in a few months just money I dont have to spend at this moment...

Unfortunately, upgrading to Win 7 or 8 from XP is not the same as going from 98 to XP. You may also find some things that run on XP will not run on 7.

If your system can manage it, you might want to add a second drive, put the newer OS it and keep a dual boot.