Question about dForce Mysera Outfit

I thought that if the item had dForce in the title, it was automatically dForce ready.  But when I simulate the scene I get this warning about there being no objects in the scene to simulate.

DeForce Mysera.jpg
1326 x 657 - 286K

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,013

I've never used that dress, but there might be a preset to add the dForce properties included in the pack?

• DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 490

No preset. Just the clothing items and materials.

• posecastposecast Posts: 386

Maybe you still have to select the item and go to the simulation menu and add a dynamic surface from the drop down?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited April 2018
    Select the dress in the scene pane. Check the parameters pane and see if Freeze Simulation is on. If so, turn it off.
    Post edited by barbult on
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

"dForce ready" = ready to be used with a dForce modifier, which you have to apply manually. Check this for details

"dForce ready" = ready to be used with a dForce modifier, which you have to apply manually. Check this for details

I don't see any reference to "dForce ready" in that link. I have purchased several dForce products in the Daz store. NONE of them required me to appy dForce modifier manually. 

• "dForce ready" = ready to be used with a dForce modifier, which you have to apply manually. Check this for details

As far as I am aware items that state they are for dForce should be ready to simulate.

Barbult, I do not see a "freeze simulation" in the parameters tab.

here are some screen shots of the simulation tab.

As Richard and barbult stated, The items that are labeled dForce ____ have not needed any extra steps to them.  Just this one. 

dForce mystera2.jpg
    690 x 789 - 206K
  • y3kmany3kman Posts: 765
    edited April 2018

Not all products tagged as dForce are actually dForce-ready out of the box.

Post edited by y3kman on
    y3kman said:

Then that sounds like a product bug to me. What is an example product that is sold as dForce without actually being dForce ready?

Decoyboy said:

As Richard and barbult stated, The items that are labeled dForce ____ have not needed any extra steps to them.  Just this one. 

I loaded the dress from H&C dForce Simple Long Dress Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) and selected it in the Scene pane. This is what I see in the Parameters pane.

Freeze Simulation.JPG
    493 x 397 - 41K
    barbult said:
    Decoyboy said:

I loaded the dress from H&C dForce Simple Long Dress Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) and selected it in the Scene pane. This is what I see in the Parameters pane.

All of that is not in there for this outfit.  Looks as if it is not fully dForce ready like the name suggest.  Or I could be doing something wrong.......

Thank you guys for all the feed back.

No, I don't think you are doing something wrong. I got confirmation from another owner of the product that Mysera does not work with dForce out of the box. I recommend that you submit a bug report about it. You have 30 days from when you bought it to return it, so keep an eye on the calendar and return it if it isn't fixed.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552
    barbult said:
    y3kman said:

Then that sounds like a product bug to me. What is an example product that is sold as dForce without actually being dForce ready?

Exactly. If it says dforce in the description, it had better be ready to run a simulation

I might still submit a ticket, but I bought this back in January when the Karyssa 8 Pro Bundle (it is part of the bundle) came out, so I am a bit past the 30 days. This is just the first time I have used it since I don't really render fairy things too often.  Thank all of you again for still looking into this.  I will get a ticket going soon.

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845
    Decoyboy said:

I thought that if the item had dForce in the title, it was automatically dForce ready.  But when I simulate the scene I get this warning about there being no objects in the scene to simulate.

See I dont get that message at all. I load the dress and hit simulate and it sims right away. I even posed her upside down and it worked no problems.  I installed it in January when I bought it so its not an update. 

edited April 2018

Well, that reopens the mystery. We now have two users who get the error message and one for whom it works fine. Could it be a difference between loading just the dress or loading the whole outfit?

Post edited by barbult on
  • nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524
    barbult said:

Well, that reopens the mystery. We now have two users who get the error message and one for whom it works fine. Could it be a difference between loading just the dress or loading the whole outfit?

BINGO!

I've just tried this out....

Load the dress on its own, dforce works. Use the outfit wearable and dforce gives the error message.

Aha! Thank you for confirming my suspicion and solving the mystery, @nattaruk. @Decoyboy, when you submit your help request, please include this information.

Glad I could help.

Looking at the settings it seems when it is loaded as the outfit wearable the dress is set to a static, rather than dynamic, dforce surface.

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845
    barbult said:

Oh yes I loaded just the dress to test! Yay for a solved mystery :D 

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    nattaruk said:

Glad I could help.

Looking at the settings it seems when it is loaded as the outfit wearable the dress is set to a static, rather than dynamic, dforce surface.

which means that by just adding that dynamic setting manually the problem would be solved?!? Kind of what I expected cheeky

nattaruk said:

Glad I could help.

which means that by just adding that dynamic setting manually the problem would be solved?!? Kind of what I expected cheeky

Not necessarily. Some dForce products come with customized surface settings for the dynamic properties of the garments. Just applying a dynamic surface modifier would allow the simulation to be run, but wouldn't populate those customized surface settings. It is also possible the the dress uses a dForce weight map that would not get applied by just applying the dForce dynamic surface modifier to the static dress. So the garment would simulate, but maybe not with the results intended by the creator. I'd say a better workaround would be to load the outfit, delete the dress, and then load the dress separately to complete the outfit. 

edited April 2018
    nattaruk said:
    barbult said:

BINGO!

I've just tried this out....

Load the dress on its own, dforce works. Use the outfit wearable and dforce gives the error message.

Same here.  Originally I used the full outfit preset.  But I just tried the dress only, and it worked. I will include this in the report I send tomorrow.  My daughter and I moved on and finished the image without dForce.  Not  even sure if dForce would have made a difference in this picture.  Here it is if anyone wants to see it.

Thank you all again for the Help.  Thank You.

Purple Magic_ by Decoyboy.jpg
    889 x 1440 - 977K
    Post edited by Decoyboy on

Lovely render. I don't think using dforce would make a significant difference in this case.