Custom categories odd behavior

I have been building my own custom categories for my library of content so that I can find things easier based on how my mind works instead of spending hours searching through an ever growing content library.  In doing so I have noticed that some things do not show up in the custom category assigned.  Take First Bastion's Breaking Waves product, the main props do not show up in the custom category even if I go to the library location on disk and do create category from.  Also they do not show up in the product view either.  There are a few things I have noticed that do not show up this way which makes what I am trying to do very frustrating.

Comments

• I believe I'm having the same problem. If I save an entire package, it works fine. If I try to save something from tha package seperately (say a barell or a pair of shoes) it doesn't save. 

• Again, not certain it's the exact same problem, but I solved it for me. I clicked on the items I wanted, then I right clicked and chose catergorize - then I went to where I wanted them to be. Unlike doing an entire package where you only click on the category, for this you have to make sure you click the box (leave a check mark) in the category you want.

here's the tut I used 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/146641/dracorn-s-tips-n-stuff-for-newbies-and-the-curious-3delight/p1

I hope this helps

• I tried that, and when I go to the individual props and click categorize the check box is checked in the new category but when I click on the category they aren't visible