Please Help Me Understand 75% Off

ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 471
edited April 2018 in The Commons

So, the sale is "All featured Daz Original "Land vehicles" 60% off*OR get 75% off* when you buy any new release."

Ok, I have a new release in my cart - and I want this - 1968 AM Muscle Car

The price is $1.99, which gets converted to $1.24 in my cart.  I understand it is not an ADDITIONAL 75% off, but please help me on the math because it looks like 75 CENTS was taken off.  I am PC Club member if that makes a difference.  There are several items I would like to get, but if the math does not make sense on just the first one, I feel like Daz is just intentionally ripping me off.  So please Daz, help me understand how the $1.24 price was calculated?

daz1.JPG
982 x 481 - 51K
Post edited by ItsCeo on

Comments

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306

Strangely the small print on this deal says PC+ items are excluded, but 90% of the vehicles included in the sale are PC+ which makes little sense

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147

I only see the asterisk, which has "*Items must be in cart simultaneously for discount to apply." That particular offer doesn't exclude PC+ items.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I really don't know. Even though I've only seen it stated explicitly once or twice in the past few months, it appears Daz has changed how they apply discounts for offers like this one. The advertised discount, in this case, 60%/75%, will replace any existing discounts except for the PC+ Member's discount. But I have no idea how that works with PC+ items.

As the $1.99 is the regular price for PC+ members, it's reasonable to expect the price of this car will be 80¢ in the cart without a new release and 50¢ with a new release. But that's not what I'm seeing in my cart, either. Maybe a Mod can come in and explain how the discounts are applied to PC+ items.

• ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 471

I tried it on a non=PC+ Item I want -Heavy Motorcycle Road Cruiser

The price is $6.43, but in my cart it is $4.02.  So the savings of 75% was $2.41?  How does that even work mathmatically?

daz1.JPG
    989 x 684 - 69K
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,306
    barbult said:

I only see the asterisk, which has "*Items must be in cart simultaneously for discount to apply." That particular offer doesn't exclude PC+ items.

Yes, you are correct, I was getting mixed up with the small print for the PA catalogues

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,562

It looks to me that the discount is being taken off of the original price of the item. 

It looks to me that the discount is being taken off of the original price of the item. 

How?  What is the math?  75% of $19.95 is $14.96.  So how does my cart say $1.24 for the car?  I don't get it.

edited April 2018

I was speaking about the motorcycle. 75% of the original price would be $5.74. Then applying a 30% off PC member discount would leave you with a final price of $4.02. 

I'm not sure what formula Daz is using for the car.

Post edited by Phoenix1966 on

Here are the sale *Asteriks*.  It does not seem to exclude PC+ items.

daz1.JPG
    1607 x 626 - 147K
    daz2.JPG
    1500 x 562 - 110K
    daz3.JPG
    1300 x 452 - 81K

With the car, the only “easy” way to get that amount is if it was 75% off 75% of the original price. 

• Currently,

"All featured Daz Original Land vehicles 60% off* OR get 75% off* when you buy any new release" is an offerd for customer who are not PC+ Member.

PC+ Member have an extra 37.50% OFF on the Platinium price if they buy any new release.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569

...disappointed that the old 1968 EU Compact isn't part of the Vehicle Sale. Been wanting a "real" Mini (with proper RH drive) for my character Leela.

ItsCeo said:

The price is $6.43, but in my cart it is $4.02.  So the savings of 75% was $2.41?  How does that even work mathmatically?

As I said above:

L'Adair said:

Even though I've only seen it stated explicitly once or twice in the past few months, it appears Daz has changed how they apply discounts for offers like this one. The advertised discount, in this case, 60%/75%, will replace any existing discounts except for the PC+ Member's discount. But I have no idea how that works with PC+ items.

You get the highest discount the item qualifiies for, rather than stacking discounts. The only discount stacking is the PC+ Member discount.

I have complained about this many times in the Sales thread. If Daz wants to change how they apply discounts, that's fine. It's their store, it's their perogative. But they have created a culture in which their customers are expecting discounts to stack, therefore they need to state explicitly that these discounts replace other discounts or they confuse their customers.

edited April 2018

Currently,

"All featured Daz Original Land vehicles 60% off* OR get 75% off* when you buy any new release" is an offerd for customer who are not PC+ Member.

PC+ Member have an extra 37.50% OFF on the Platinium price if they buy any new release.

@ile-avalon, May I ask, where are you getting your information? There is nothing on the sales page stating the discounts are different for members than non-members on the PC+ items. If this is official, Daz has an obligation to state the exception on the sales page.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • I calculated it, I do not have an official source. :)

I took four items at a different price and I looked the rate applied in the basket.

Each time, it was a 37.5% rate applied on the PC+ price.

edited April 2018
    L'Adair said:
    ItsCeo said:

As I said above:

L'Adair said:

Even though I've only seen it stated explicitly once or twice in the past few months, it appears Daz has changed how they apply discounts for offers like this one. The advertised discount, in this case, 60%/75%, will replace any existing discounts except for the PC+ Member's discount. But I have no idea how that works with PC+ items.

You get the highest discount the item qualifiies for, rather than stacking discounts. The only discount stacking is the PC+ Member discount.

I have complained about this many times in the Sales thread. If Daz wants to change how they apply discounts, that's fine. It's their store, it's their perogative. But they have created a culture in which their customers are expecting discounts to stack, therefore they need to state explicitly that these discounts replace other discounts or they confuse their customers.

Wait... that would mean almost 70% (148 of 216) of the items listed as 60% or 75% off would get no discount whatsoever of the current price? (forget about PC Club for a minute).  How is that even legal to do?

Post edited by ItsCeo on

I calculated it, I do not have an official source. :)

I took four items at a different price and I looked the rate applied in the basket.

Each time, it was a 37.5% rate applied on the PC+ price.

I will agree that is the additional discount the PC+ products are seeing in cart, with a new release. However, that's not what the advertising states, so someone "has some 'splainin' to do." (And for those of you too young to know, that's from the I love Lucy show…)

ItsCeo said:
    L'Adair said:
    ItsCeo said:

As I said above:

L'Adair said:

Wait... that would mean almost 70% (148 of 216) of the items listed as 60% or 75% off would get no discount whatsoever of the current price? (forget about PC Club for a minute).  How is that even legal to do?

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. For non-members, everything listed in the category shows 60% off. They will go to 75% in the cart with a new release. As far as I can tell, viewing the category pages in a Firefox "Private Window," none of those products are displaying additional discounts. (But in the private window, I'm not logged in like a non-member customer would be.)

But as a member and a logged in customer, I'm seeing 72% listed for all the Daz Originals, (not PC+,) which is 60% and 30% stacking. In the cart with a new release, the price is about 82.5% off, (75% and 30% stacking.) Again, not a problem.

The confusion comes with the PC+ products for PC+ members. The prices shown are the regular PC+ prices. They have not been discounted any further and the discount on what is the regular price for members is a far cry from the 60%/75% discounts being advertised. This is confusing. Either those  products should recieve 60%/75% off the PC+ prices, or the adcopy should specify the discount on PC+ items for members.

There was a time PC+ items were excluded from sales, presumably because the discounts are already quite deep. However, that meant PC+ items were always full price to non-members. I think it's good that PC+ items are qualifying for sales discounts. But I also believe Daz needs to specify if member discounts on PC+ items are different than those listed for non-members.

L'Adair said:
    ItsCeo said:
    L'Adair said:
    ItsCeo said:

As I said above:

L'Adair said:

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. For non-members, everything listed in the category shows 60% off. They will go to 75% in the cart with a new release. As far as I can tell, viewing the category pages in a Firefox "Private Window," none of those products are displaying additional discounts. (But in the private window, I'm not logged in like a non-member customer would be.)

But as a member and a logged in customer, I'm seeing 72% listed for all the Daz Originals, (not PC+,) which is 60% and 30% stacking. In the cart with a new release, the price is about 82.5% off, (75% and 30% stacking.) Again, not a problem.

The confusion comes with the PC+ products for PC+ members. The prices shown are the regular PC+ prices. They have not been discounted any further and the discount on what is the regular price for members is a far cry from the 60%/75% discounts being advertised. This is confusing. Either those  products should recieve 60%/75% off the PC+ prices, or the adcopy should specify the discount on PC+ items for members.

There was a time PC+ items were excluded from sales, presumably because the discounts are already quite deep. However, that meant PC+ items were always full price to non-members. I think it's good that PC+ items are qualifying for sales discounts. But I also believe Daz needs to specify if member discounts on PC+ items are different than those listed for non-members.

Thank you.  I did understand what you were saying tho. smiley

• CortexCortex Posts: 109
    edited April 2018

I think its an error.

I frequently buy PC+ items, and they often work with sales.

For example the latest V4 sale allowed PC+ items which gave great discounts with the 2 combined.

It makes sense it would combine as many PC+ items (eg the V4 ones and many of these cars) are very old, yet without the PC+ discount they are almost as expensive as modern items.

Unless the sale specifically says they dont, it should work

Here the 60% part isnt workng with the PC+ price.

EDIT - This has been mentioned on the "theres always another sale" thread. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Post edited by Cortex on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,436

its always way too confusing. way too confusing
    I'm confused again.

• The intention was that even PC+ members get 60% and 75% off of the PC+ price onthose land vehicles today.  The fact that they were not was an error.  This has been resolved now.  Apologies for the confusion.

• As a note: the additional 60% off for PC+ members will only show up once the item is in your cart (not int he catalog list view.) 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,436
    DAZ_Steve said:

The intention was that even PC+ members get 60% and 75% off of the PC+ price onthose land vehicles today.  The fact that they were not was an error.  This has been resolved now.  Apologies for the confusion.

awesome. I'm unconfused now. thanks DAZ_Steve

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

The one car I wanted was in the AD for the sale, but not included in the sale. I really really wish Daz would stop doing that. Feels like bait and switch to me *sigh*

Laurie