best character creation learning package avaliable?

Am seriously wanting to get into learning Daz studio character development but need a good tutorial to start learning the ins and outs of the complex process so am after the best set of learning packages on the market.  Can anyone say what the best ones are? I understand you can't rely on just the tutorials and have to go with the modelling abilities/experience also but I need a good teaching turotial to go along with these things. Can anyone suggest a reputed program here or elsewhere that can help creating characters ultimatley for Daz? what are generally considered the best ones? Thxxxxxxxx.

Comments

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764
    Drekkan said:

Am seriously wanting to get into learning Daz studio character development but need a good tutorial to start learning the ins and outs of the complex process so am after the best set of learning packages on the market.  Can anyone say what the best ones are? I understand you can't rely on just the tutorials and have to go with the modelling abilities/experience also but I need a good teaching turotial to go along with these things. Can anyone suggest a reputed program here or elsewhere that can help creating characters ultimatley for Daz? what are generally considered the best ones? Thxxxxxxxx.

Hi you need to be more specifc.

The term "create Characters for Daz" can mean many things.
    Sculpting a custom shape in a modeling package
    is character creation.

creating a specific set of skin shaders for the default G8 figures is "Character creation" as well

I personally create all of my Characters for my animated films by adjusting the dial parameters of exisiting morph packages.

many of these tasks are performed by Different PA's in avariety of packages along with Daz studio

I understand That Zbrush is a popular choice for Sculpting morphs

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629

Hi!  I've done a very thorough webinar on the morph creation and dial setup portion of this process with Digital Art Live:

https://www.daz3d.com/how-to-create-a-new-custom-daz-studio-character

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

does it cover making legal character presets for g8 with the eyelashes and eyebrows?

by any chance smiley

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 898

Hi!  I've done a very thorough webinar on the morph creation and dial setup portion of this process with Digital Art Live:

https://www.daz3d.com/how-to-create-a-new-custom-daz-studio-character

I've been looking for tutorials on character creation for a long time and just wanted to say that this is an extremely useful resource. (Thanks, SickleYield!) It covers a lot of the little details that I never would have worked out on my own through trial and error. It would be a very good place to start when you're learning about character morphs. For texturing, take a look at the merchant resource skin textures both here and on Renderosity, unless you're able to make your own from scratch. For eyelashes, if you mean eyelash textures, Hinkypunk has a lovely merchant resource for lashes called Lashivious at Renderosity. There are also eyebrow texture resources out there. If you're talking about fibermesh eyebrows, the Super Natural Brows products by RedzStudio are MRs and they allow the product to be used in the creation of custom brows for a commercial character. The conditions under which they can be used are in the product description and readme file.

There's a lot of good reources out there that can give you a basic starting point to work from.