Can't get hierarchy material to load

Hi guys!  I've gone through the forums looking for an solution to the issue I am having but so far none of the posts I have read as worked for me.   I am trying to apply the material to the dForce Eastern Nuance outfit (G8F) to G3F, but everything I have tried ends up with the following error in my log:

2018-04-17 20:24:10.931 Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_material" type; no root(s) found.
2018-04-17 20:24:10.932 Error reading file, see log for more details.

Per other similar posts I have tried:

1) Selected G3F with the outfit parented to G3F and applied the material preset.

2) Selected the Pants and applied the material preset.  Did the same with just the over dress with the same result.  Again, parented to G3F

3) Selected the unparented outfit and applied the material preset.

4) Parented the pants to the overdress and applied the material preset

5) Parented the pants to the overdress and parented the dress to G3F and applied the material preset.

6) All of the above variations with the "apply dforce surface settings" NOT applied.

I can't think of any other combinations to try.  It's my first time using a hierarchy material preset so maybe I am missing something really basic.  Any help would be awesome! 

~ Novbre

Comments

• The base figure has to match, which it won't after AutoFitting. Apply the materials to the clothes, then save regular materials presets for each piece.

• NovbreNovbre Posts: 83

So, just so I understand.  I have to load G3F and put the outfit on her then apply the material.  Then add G3F to the scene and parent the outfit (now with materials on them) to the G3F?  If I am understanding correctly, I can then save the material as a hierarchy material preset for the G3F?  Or will have to do this bait and switch technique every time?

~ Novbre

• No, you have to apply the outfit to the figure it was originally made for (Genesis 8 Female) - no need to pose or anything, just apply it to the base figure - an apply one of the hierarchical presets, then go through the pieces of the outfit selecting them and saving a regular materials preset for each. You will then be able to apply the regular presets to the outfit parts fitted to Genesis 3 Female.

• NovbreNovbre Posts: 83

Worked like a charm!  Thank you!