Today's (17.4) "buy new releases" perk? MEH [EDITED]

manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
edited April 2018 in The Commons

-- > READ THE EDIT ADDITION AT THE BOTTOM!

well, i am NOT HAPPY.

i almost never buy products immediately when they come out. with my very limited budget, i often have to wait until something's in a bargain sale, or at least a few weeks. also, i never really feel i absolutely NEED to possess something immediately, and certainly not if i'd have to deprive myself of food or basics. more often, i just don't have the liquidity handy.

but today is different! new in the store are Altern8 and Z 50 Essential Actions, and those 2 products are exactly the remedy to my woes, i.e. weeks/months of frustrating unrealistic skin renders and hours of fiddling due to a total lack of poses with my G3 and G8 figures - and what's even more magical, both products work for both G3 & G8. YAY!

so i decide for once, since a dear friend sent me vouchers covering my basic needs, to immediately charge my debit and get those two items today - accomplishing another feat which i'm usually never able to, namely buy 2 brand new releases and get those amazing perks from the daily sales page like additional figures/bundles/items or bonus % off my new releases, or massive bonus off some other figures/items.
BUT what do i see today? NO bonus figure/bundle, NO additional % off, nothing like all other immediate-buying customers could enjoy in the last days/weeks.
all i get is... 10% off a gift card???? which means i don't get ANYTHING (at least no free/cheaper items), but on top i have to pay for a gift card to get any perk?

i feel so wronged. so, instead of running to town to charge my card, i might just wait a few days until the "new-or almost-new" sales perks are worth it.
thanks for putting a damper on my day, sales dpt, way to go. :(

EDITED TO ADD: well, this was a nice surprise! today, after recharging my debit, as i opened my ready cart to finally buy those 2 items + 1 fast grab, what do i see? I'VE GOT A 15% BANNER for anything i wish! YAY! so, somehow, i've got my bonus with this purchase! (so i promptly added another cool fast grab item, lol).

there is a justice! THANK YOU DAZ!! laugh   (note: i edited my OP instead of writing a new thread or even a new comment bumping this on top, not because i'm only able to scream my discontent while unable to be thankful - but because i don't wanna be accused of fomenting a mutiny or encouraging people to harass sales to get banners...)

Post edited by manekiNeko on

Comments

• why does there even need to be a perk? I mean, last month was march madness, it's not a special month or anything. I think Altern8 is probably worth buying regardless of a GC or not (and honestly i don't think i ever even took advantage of the march madness extras- i'm no bright lightbulb at figuring perks out so I just buy if its on sale and I need it).  I don't get feeling wronged because there's not a constant roll out of gifts for every day's releases? 

but thanks for also pointing out Z's new poses, somehow missed seeing that, another one for the cart :)

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

why does there even need to be a perk? I mean, last month was march madness, it's not a special month or anything. I think Altern8 is probably worth buying regardless of a GC or not (and honestly i don't think i ever even took advantage of the march madness extras- i'm no bright lightbulb at figuring perks out so I just buy if its on sale and I need it).  I don't get feeling wronged because there's not a constant roll out of gifts for every day's releases? 

but thanks for also pointing out Z's new poses, somehow missed seeing that, another one for the cart :)

i don't feel wronged just because i don't get the cherry on top. i feel wronged because on other days there was a cherry on top i couldn't get, but other people got it - and while i'm really happy they did, it stills leaves me go empty today. and i won't be able to buy 2 brand new realeses again for quite a while, so yeah...

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

why does there even need to be a perk? I mean, last month was march madness, it's not a special month or anything. I think Altern8 is probably worth buying regardless of a GC or not (and honestly i don't think i ever even took advantage of the march madness extras- i'm no bright lightbulb at figuring perks out so I just buy if its on sale and I need it).  I don't get feeling wronged because there's not a constant roll out of gifts for every day's releases? 

i don't feel wronged just because i don't get the cherry on top. i feel wronged because on other days there was a cherry on top i couldn't get, but other people got it - and while i'm really happy they did, it stills leaves me go empty today. and i won't be able to buy 2 brand new realeses again for quite a while, so yeah...

Totally get your disappointment. It would be nice if maybe they did an either/or kind of thing.  Get x for free up to this amount OR get a gift card for x amount off.

Totally get your disappointment. It would be nice if maybe they did an either/or kind of thing.  Get x for free up to this amount OR get a gift card for x amount off.

ikr? but even if they - for some magical reason i can't figure - decided to up the ante, it would be too late for me today. i live 7-8 hrs ahead in europe, shops close soon, and i have to get ready & walk down to town to recharge my card. so either i totally stop whatever i'm doing and run anyways, which i'm not very inclined to do, or i'll be only able to do it tomorrow. and to orrow will be too late for "today's" perks. so unless they bring up a sales page tomorrow with perks for today's buyers, or i magically get a banner (haven't for a while!), i won't get any special advantage buying anything today - except of course those super-awesome amazing products a bit earlier in my runtime ^^

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Ya, that kind of stinks.  I will say that no matter how it pans out for you, Altern8 will be worth it. It really is an amazing product.

Ya, that kind of stinks.  I will say that no matter how it pans out for you, Altern8 will be worth it. It really is an amazing product.

oh absolutely, i didn't bat a lid to put it in my cart ^^ - i was waiting for it like a cat in front of a mouse hole the minute i read the commercial thread ^^

• I'm on the other side of the world- Asia- so i frequently miss flash sales and such. Sale perks are things you choose to opt for or not, differs daily. I admit, such a thing would appeal to me before march madness- as i know i always spend more than i should and gift certificates are great to use then. 
    i'm holding out for the distant future when Aiko 8, Liam and Edward and oh man I lost count- alll the pro 8 shapes- are on sale though, becaue I've missed out on too many. 

I may be waiting for a while tho! 

I'm on the other side of the world- Asia- so i frequently miss flash sales and such. Sale perks are things you choose to opt for or not, differs daily. I admit, such a thing would appeal to me before march madness- as i know i always spend more than i should and gift certificates are great to use then. 
    i'm holding out for the distant future when Aiko 8, Liam and Edward and oh man I lost count- alll the pro 8 shapes- are on sale though, becaue I've missed out on too many. 

I may be waiting for a while tho! 

i'm sorry the time zones screw you out of cool perks/sales...actually, daz should find a way to remedy that.

yup, don't hold your breath! i don't really yearn for many G8 figures, most available males are not my cuppa, and i can't be bothered about females. BUT if Lee 8 finally came out it would be another sure, immediate buy. not holding my breath either tho >_<

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

well, i am NOT HAPPY.

i almost never buy products immediately when they come out. with my very limited budget, i often have to wait until something's in a bargain sale, or at least a few weeks. also, i never really feel i absolutely NEED to possess something immediately, and certainly not if i'd have to deprive myself of food or basics. more often, i just don't have the liquidity handy.

but today is different! new in the store are Altern8 and Z 50 Essential Actions, and those 2 products are exactly the remedy to my woes, i.e. weeks/months of frustrating unrealistic skin renders and hours of fiddling due to a total lack of poses with my G3 and G8 figures - and what's even more magical, both products work for both G3 & G8. YAY!

so i decide for once, since a dear friend sent me vouchers covering my basic needs, to immediately charge my debit and get those two items today - accomplishing another feat which i'm usually never able to, namely buy 2 brand new releases and get those amazing perks from the daily sales page like additional figures/bundles/items or bonus % off my new releases, or massive bonus off some other figures/items.
    BUT what do i see today? NO bonus figure/bundle, NO additional % off, nothing like all other immediate-buying customers could enjoy in the last days/weeks.
    all i get is... 10% off a gift card???? which means i don't get ANYTHING (at least no free/cheaper items), but on top i have to pay for a gift card to get any perk?

i feel so wronged. so, instead of running to town to charge my card, i might just wait a few days until the "new-or almost-new" sales perks are worth it.
    thanks for putting a damper on my day, sales dpt, way to go. :(

You get 50% off participating PAs as well.

Odaa said:

yeah, sure. huge deal when everybody else - who is not buying a single one of today's items, i mean - gets 40%.. a difference of 10% makes 1-2 $ less on an average item between 10-20$. not much to write home about, compared to a whole free figure/bundle, or a massive % off other items, as is often offered as a day's sale perk. just look at the last days.

maybe i'm the half-empty glass type. so what. doesn't change the fact that my half glass is filled with cheap lukewarm beer, while other glasses have been known to be filled to the brim with vintage [insert favorite quality drink]

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    Odaa said:

yeah, sure. huge deal when everybody else - who is not buying a single one of today's items, i mean - gets 40%.. a difference of 10% makes 1-2 $ less on an average item between 10-20$. not much to write home about, compared to a whole free figure/bundle, or a massive % off other items, as is often offered as a day's sale perk. just look at the last days.

maybe i'm the half-empty glass type. so what. doesn't change the fact that my half glass is filled with cheap lukewarm beer, while other glasses have been known to be filled to the brim with vintage [insert favorite quality drink]

If you had shopped during the March Madness sale then you would have got those 'perks' as well.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

I think it's different... it's not a "cherry on top" but a "carrot on a stick". Simple marketing... I bet everybody at the DAZ knows for sure that Altern8 and that pose pack are instant buys for many, many customers. So there's no need to sweeten the deal with more than a 10% off for the gift card.

Other sales in the last time were - imho - severely lacking in the "must buy that immediately" department, so, as clever marketing should do, there were further incentives (= carrots on a stick) to make consumers buy these "well, it's nice, but I don't really need it now... although, if I do I can also get something cheaper that I already wanted for a while, so lets buy this.." items.

Nothing but pure, simple and logical marketing...

scorpio said:

If you had shopped during the March Madness sale then you would have got those 'perks' as well.

i think you're missing the point. i'm referring to the daily sales perks that go many times a weeks (pretty much every day) when new products are released to the customers who buy said new releases on the 1st day. look at the banner for the most obvious and still visible examples. but it's like that every day. and i'm annoyed because instead of getting a bonus, i get the possibility of spending yet more money on a GC for a pittance cheaper.

besides, define madness. i've seen better than this year. i don't care if we don't get things thrown at us for free in march, but the whole advertising and drama about it it totally overblown, compared to what march madness was a few years ago. i wasn't even frustrated, because the end of february 90% megasale on M4/V4 stuff was way more interesting ~

and why do people keep telling me i should be grateful or stop feeling entitled? i don't have to justify myself when i express my imho justified discontent. are they any free "team daz" tshirts to be won?

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited April 2018
    Odaa said:

You're entitled to your opinion of the perks, which BTW I agree with in this case, but please do not mislead people by describing the sale inaccurately. Reading your original post, and having not visited the sale page at that point, I thought perhaps Daz had left off the boosted discount for buying older product by participating PAs.

Making sweeping rhetorical statements in a heated tone makes the people reading it feel combative and nitpicky. I kjnow because I've been there myself. If you want a respectful response, try phrasing the issue in a more measured way.

Post edited by Odaa on

I think it's different... it's not a "cherry on top" but a "carrot on a stick". Simple marketing... I bet everybody at the DAZ knows for sure that Altern8 and that pose pack are instant buys for many, many customers. So there's no need to sweeten the deal with more than a 10% off for the gift card.

Other sales in the last time were - imho - severely lacking in the "must buy that immediately" department, so, as clever marketing should do, there were further incentives (= carrots on a stick) to make consumers buy these "well, it's nice, but I don't really need it now... although, if I do I can also get something cheaper that I already wanted for a while, so lets buy this.." items.

Nothing but pure, simple and logical marketing...

i agree on the part "Simple marketing... I bet everybody at the DAZ knows for sure that Altern8 and that pose pack are instant buys for many, many customers. So there's no need to sweeten the deal with more than a 10% off for the gift card." - it's exactly what i thought.

and of course i'm gonna buy those 2 awesome products asap, because they will solve issues that have annoyed me a lot lately, and working on more renders without them - i.e. continuing being annoyed - is a stupid waste of time. but with say a nice % drop on another item i might have wishlisted or just discovered, i would have ran to town to charge my card and bought everything immediately. now i will leisurely go tomorrow since i'm due in town anyways, and of course since there's no additional bargain i'll only get those 2. plus now i'm a tad more resentful as a customer. nobody cares, least of all sales, but hey, i vented and voiced, it helps.

Odaa said:
    Odaa said:

You're entitled to your opinion of the perks, which BTW I agree with in this case, but please do not mislead people by describing the sale inaccurately. Reading your original post, and having not visited the sale page at that point, I thought perhaps Daz had left off the boosted discount for buying older product by participating PAs.

Making sweeping rhetorical statements in a heated tone makes the people reading it feel combative and nitpicky. I kjnow because I've been there myself. If you want a respectful response, try phrasing the issue in a more measured way.

i tried to phrase my OP as accurately and clearly as possible. i'm not a native english speaker so i might occasionally mess up there, even more when i'm in a heated disposition. and ofc i was assuming people who might read my post would have seen the sales page i was mentioning.

but i don't think my point was to inform anyone, or really expecting answers - combative or not - i was venting, saying loud and clearly that i was disappointed and why. and writing it discreetly in a mail to sales was in no proportions to my feeling of being wronged this morning. i don't like keeping things inside. and real life offers enough occasions to get annoyed or angry or sad or upset, but hey, that's life for you, we're all in the same boat. some maybe more. 3d and generally PC or stuff online is where i relax and change ideas, where i sublimate my frustration. so when stuff goes awry there as well, i tend to get ballistic (i'm sure some people who read occasional comments i wrote here & there agree) - virtual s*t is just the last thing i need. ~

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

Everything on sale today are not flash sale items so will be on sale for the next several days. There may be better perks then...