Why the 404?

So, this happened a lot a few weeks ago, but it still seems to happen every so often. Am I the only one who experiences them? Just now, a link from today's big sale links to an error. I guess I didn't need to see that product, lol. But seriously, if they have errors like that that we can see, what other problems are they having? 

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited April 2018

I don't know the answer as to why, however, when that happens, add a trailing slash to the url. For example,

https://www.daz3d.com/mia-for-genesis-3-and-8-female

would become

https://www.daz3d.com/mia-for-genesis-3-and-8-female/

and so on. Since this issue started, adding that last character has worked for me every time.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2018

which product shows as 404 for you?

Also if you are going from a link someone else has posted it can sometimes not work correctly unless posted suing the rich text tools.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • mambanegramambanegra Posts: 574

It was the racing queen outfit and it was the link on the DAZ front page for the day. I wouldn't complain if it were from an unofficial link I encountered at the forum or some other place. 

FWIW, it works for me this morning. So, who knows. My biggest concern, aside from looking amateurish, is when a website that I give CC info has repeated errors, it makes me worry. I no longer shop at renderosity because they had lots and lots of dumb errors that were ignored by users complaining about them (these were not related to shopping cart, but were signs of poor QC), then, many folks had our CC info stolen due to a programmer's dumb mistake. They admitted to the problem, and, for that, I may one day return, but, I see front end screw ups as little canaries that may represent problems deeper in the mine. 

Chohole said:

which product shows as 404 for you?

Also if you are going from a link someone else has posted it can sometimes not work correctly unless posted suing the rich text tools.