Making a saved file from a different install work...

Me again, next dumb question as I get back into Daz...

I think I successfully reinstalled all my Daz content.

I have some scenes saved from an install on a different machine a few years ago. When I try and load the old file, it says it can't find the elements. I'm pretty sure the scenes only use stuff I have downloaded and installed again - I got into the habit of creating a simple scene for each new product I bought. Sometimes it takes a while beforre reporting the error, like it found something but got nowhere...

So can anyone suggest what I might do to succcessfuly load these scenes, or diagnose the problem in more detail?

Thank You,

Nick

Comments

• .duf scenes or .daz? Was there any imported content (which includes Poser-format items)?

• .daz scenes.

Not sure about the imported content.

• The trouble is that .daz scenes always cnverted any imported geometry, from OBJ files or from Poser props/figures, into native .dso files (and .dsd morph deltas). There's no way to rebuild those with DS 4.5+, so unless you have backups of the old files (or a copy of DS3) you may be stuck. Some store content has also been updated to use DSON files, and again without the old version there may not be a lot you can do. In some cases you might be able to load a new copy of the model and copy/paste the poses