Yura Meets Demian

xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

Yay! You know that PA who makes GREAT sci-fi and military and fantasy and bad chick gear but had textures that left a bit to be desired? And even though OOT did a couple of texture expansions at Rendo, and Shox-Design burned down the house with her texture sets for MyrnaEmeka & Western Outlaw 2.0, and Daz roped in her perennial greatness, Sarsa, to texture the Space Merc Outfit, we still kept getting 3Delight-type diffuse textures with other outfits.

Problem solved! Demian has teamed with him to supply textures that are waaaay over the top wicked! Demian, who has quickly become the texture artist most likely to challenge Shox-Design for la couronne fantastique, may be known to you by their textures for Sky Jumper Outfit and Sci-Fi Action Outfit among others, both of which bring wild color to action renders.

After a couple of years of repeatedly saying (OK, complaining) that Yura needed to team up with a texture artist, my wish has been granted. Here's hoping that the partnership is fruitful and mutually satisfying, especially with such a quirky (but fabulous) first offering. In space, no one can hear you Yee-HAW!

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

If this were completely cowgirl and less sci-fi (even tho I LOVE sci-fi) and less "bra", I'd have bought it. As it stands, I think it's a really weird combo.

Laurie

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252

It is that, but some of the pieces look great for kitbashing.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

Kitbashing had to be the idea. Some of this, some of that, some of the other. Chaps are great for anything. A metallic collared bra spinal port? Yes! I can always use another neckerchief. Did you see the boots? Whether they're shoe, ankle or shin high, they look good good.

• Yah, I cant say that its a good combination for an outfit but the pieces alone are excellent. Id kitbash it for sure.

-also-

While I like Yura's outfits, I wish that (he/she/they) would start seperating the props from the actual outfit mesh and parent them as seperate objects. Those bullets that are attached to the belt are going to warp and twist and do all kinds of things once the model starts posing.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

More clearly segregated material zones would help too for the outfits with weak textures. That is, if there is not going to be a consistent tandem.