Zev0 Pose Converter and Builders

Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
edited April 2018 in The Commons

Hi, I see that Zev0 items are on-sale and wondering if anyone has experience with the Pose Converters and Pose Builders.  I noticed most of them only reference Female poses.  Are they worth picking up?

Thanks

Post edited by Geminii23 on

Comments

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306

The converters and builders work on both male and female figures. 

They work well IMHO. The final pose is very similar to the original, but not identical, so some final tweaking will be needed.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    Havos said:

The converters and builders work on both male and female figures. 

They work well IMHO. The final pose is very similar to the original, but not identical, so some final tweaking will be needed.

Is it possible with these converters to batch convert lots of V4 poses and then save as new sets?  Or does it just work like a one time loader when using V4 poses on other characters?

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

The pose converters batch converts entire folders and resaves them.

Laurie

• I like them, I use them all the time. Most of my G8 poses are converted G2 and G3 poses. Some work better than others, but overall I think they are very useful tools, especially the pose builder.

AllenArt said:

Laurie

Awesome.  Sounds like a worthwhile purchase then!

I like them, I use them all the time. Most of my G8 poses are converted G2 and G3 poses. Some work better than others, but overall I think they are very useful tools, especially the pose builder.

I have been wanting to experiment with creating my own poses and saving as presets to share with people.  So was thinking this Pose builder might be a good start.

• AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726
    edited April 2018
    Geminii23 said:
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

I like them, I use them all the time. Most of my G8 poses are converted G2 and G3 poses. Some work better than others, but overall I think they are very useful tools, especially the pose builder.

I have been wanting to experiment with creating my own poses and saving as presets to share with people.  So was thinking this Pose builder might be a good start.

I made an entire pose set for G2 and G3 that I called "Berserker Rage". It had full poses, mirrors, expressions, zeroes. The partials consisted of top and bottom as well as arm, leg, head and neck, etc., partials. Hand poses, foot poses, the works. I made all of it using Zev0's pose builder.

I never submitted the pose pack to Daz though. After I finished it, I just wasnt happy with it. Maybe ill submit it as a freebie one of these days.

Pose.png
    662 x 857 - 278K
    Post edited by AnotherUserName on
    Geminii23 said:
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

I made an entire pose set for G2 and G3 that I called "Berserker Rage". It had full poses, mirrors, expressions, zeroes. The partials consisted of top and bottom as well as arm, leg, head and neck, etc., partials. Hand poses, foot poses, the works. I made all of it using Zev0's pose builder.

I never submitted the pose pack to Daz though. After I finished it, I just wasnt happy with it. Maybe ill submit it as a freebie one of these days.

Is that one of the poses from your pack?  That looks really good.  Right on.

edited April 2018
    Geminii23 said:
    Geminii23 said:
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

Is that one of the poses from your pack?  That looks really good.  Right on.

Yah, that was one of my favorite poses. The scene where the ork charges Helms Deep's drainage tunnel with blasting powder in Peter Jackson's adaptation of "The Two Towers" was the inspiration for this pose.

• Does he have any scripts that convert male poses to female poses and vice versa?

Alright, so I just purchased pose converters and pose builders so time to experiment and start learning how they work.

edited April 2018

Does he have any scripts that convert male poses to female poses and vice versa?

You can convert male to female or female to male in pose builder. Heres G3M with a pose convertion from Amazon Queen for Olympia 7, https://www.daz3d.com/amazon-queen-poses-for-olympia-7 .

G3F to G3M.png
    662 x 857 - 532K
  • Does he have any scripts that convert male poses to female poses and vice versa?

You can convert male to female or female to male in pose builder. Heres G3M with a pose convertion from Amazon Queen for Olympia 7, https://www.daz3d.com/amazon-queen-poses-for-olympia-7 .

I'm sold going to buy it now!

Thanks for the help :)

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513

Males can already use female poses and vice versa though.

• I gotta start charging vendors for all the times that I talk up their products! wink

edited April 2018

Heres the thing though about pose builder. Say that you have a full pose that hasnt been divided into partials. You really like the left arm pose and you want to apply it to your figure. And then hey, maybe you want to use the right leg pose from another pose completely. Thats when pose builder comes in really handy. It can segment all of those poses and apply only those partiels that you want to take from complete poses. Then all you do is save as a pose preset and you constructed a new pose. You cant sell or share that pose because you used another artists pose in creating your new pose, but now you have a brand new pose.

You are right, you dont need a converter to apply male to female or otherwise, but you can mix and match from any compatible poses.

Heres the thing though about pose builder. Say that you have a full pose that hasnt been divided into partials. You really like the left arm pose and you want to apply it to your figure. And then hey, maybe you want to use the right leg pose from another pose completely. Thats when pose builder comes in really handy. It can segment all of those poses and apply only those partiels that you want to take from complete poses. Then all you do is save as a pose preset and you constructed a new pose. You cant sell or share that pose because you used another artists pose in creating your new pose, but now you have a brand new pose.

That doesn't help converting male to female though (because it doesn't even need to be done), and I already do this now by simply selecting the base joint of the part I want affected and Ctrl-clicking the pose. This functionality is built into Studio.

• Males can already use female poses and vice versa though.

That doesn't help converting male to female though (because it doesn't even need to be done), and I already do this now by simply selecting the base joint of the part I want affected and Ctrl-clicking the pose. This functionality is built into Studio.

Sure it is. All you have to do is make minor changes to any pose and your done. Pose builder is more about creating new poses than converting.

I'm sold going to buy it now!

Thanks for the help :)

Yup.  Having them on sale right now made it easy decision to grab them.  Now just need to figure out how the converters work.

Sure it is. All you have to do is make minor changes to any pose and your done. Pose builder is more about creating new poses than converting.

Yes, by "allowing" you to apply full poses as partials. But like I just said, this is part of the base Studio with no purchase at all...

Yes, by "allowing" you to apply full poses as partials. But like I just said, this is part of the base Studio with no purchase at all...

Very true. You can take the time to lock every body part that you dont want to  move and then apply each pose, repeat for every other body part over and over until youve got the pose you want. You can do that in daz without purchase. Ive certainly done that before. But it takes time. Zev0's system takes all the time out of the process. And, you know, thats ultimately why we buy alot of these products, to save time. Thats true about my purchases anyhow.

edited April 2018

Just a quicky pose I made consisting of pose partials from five different poses.

new pose.png
    662 x 857 - 325K
    edited April 2018

Very true. You can take the time to lock every body part that you dont want to  move and then apply each pose, repeat for every other body part over and over until youve got the pose you want.

LMAO

No.

You Ctrl-click the pose like I said, to bring up options. I have mine set up to default to Selected Recursive when I Ctrl-click so all I have to do to apply a pose to the left arm is select the left shoulder and Ctrl-click and OK (EDIT actually Shift-click will do preferred options without the extra confirmation, but I never remember it).

And unlike scripts, I can also apply that pose just to the lower arm by selecting the forearm. Or just the hand by selecting that hand! Or one. single. finger. should I feel it necessary.

Post edited by agent unawares on
  • HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    edited February 2019

Post edited by HorusRa on
    edited April 2018

Ive certainly done that before.

This breaks my heart. You can Ctrl-click materials settings and stuff too, to apply only material settings but keep your images, or only apply a materials preset to selected surfaces. Ctrl-click is a wonder tool.

Post edited by agent unawares on

Very true. You can take the time to lock every body part that you dont want to  move and then apply each pose, repeat for every other body part over and over until youve got the pose you want.

LMAO

No.

You Ctrl-click the pose like I said, to bring up options. I have mine set up to default to Selected Recursive when I Ctrl-click so all I have to do to apply a pose to the left arm is select the left shoulder and Ctrl-click and OK.

And unlike scripts, I can also apply that pose just to the lower arm by selecting the forearm. Or just the hand by selecting that hand! Or one. single. finger. should I feel it necessary.

I know, old school, right?

Cool, you learn something new every day. So now, everyone who reads this discussion will know how to do this. How did you figure this out? It couldnt have been in any daz documentation. Still Zev0's system is faster. You can alos make torso adjustments and zeros while you are still in pose builder as well as general x,y,z and rotation adjustments. And, if youre like me, and dont let daz remember changes (why im not sure :)) thats even more mouse clicks that you have to make in daz.

• Ive certainly done that before.

This breaks my heart. You can Ctrl-click materials settings and stuff too, to apply only material settings but keep your images, or only apply a materials preset to selected surfaces. Ctrl-click is a wonder tool.

Oh come on, you have to learn somewhere right?

What I do like about the control clicking of poses is that you can get down to really minute detail with poses, toes and fingres and such.

LMAO

No.

You Ctrl-click the pose like I said, to bring up options. I have mine set up to default to Selected Recursive when I Ctrl-click so all I have to do to apply a pose to the left arm is select the left shoulder and Ctrl-click and OK.

I know, old school, right?

Cool, you learn something new every day. So now, everyone who reads this discussion will know how to do this. How did you figure this out? It couldnt have been in any daz documentation.

Oh boy I have no idea. I can't remember not knowing it though there was undoubtedly a time when I didn't. I am as willing to bet as you are that it was not from DAZ documentation though.

Still Zev0's system is faster.

After you set up your preferred options, it is only one click to select joint and one shift-click to apply partial pose. I don't think it's even possible to be faster.

You can alos make torso adjustments and zeros while you are still in pose builder as well as general x,y,z and rotation adjustments.

That's kind of useful I guess, not really to me though because I can already do that outside pose builder.

And, if youre like me, and dont let daz remember changes (why im not sure :)) thats even more mouse clicks that you have to make in daz.

I don't like changing defaults either, but I guarantee if you like mixing poses you won't regret changing your preferred pose load options to Selected Recursive. wink

• I am as willing to bet as you are that it was not from DAZ documentation though.

LOL. Isnt that the truth.

Ok, so this is total dumb question, but can anyone walk me through the process of how to convert all my V4 to G1/2/3 with the converter.  When I load up the plugin, it looks like I need to specify the directory of the poses.  So do I need to go through each individual product and locate them?  Thanks

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Once you open the pose converter you select the file folder where the original poses are, then select a destination folder for the new files to load to and run the script.  It will convert the whole folder of poses.