how to remove skin texture so the model is just grey

hello, could someone please tell me how to completely remove any skin texture my model?i just want to work with the basic default grey. i'm using genesis 3 daz 4.10pro but would like to know how to do this on any model...

Comments

• Freightliner FoxFreightliner Fox Posts: 67
    edited April 2018

Go into the surfaces tab, select all of the surfaces in your figure, and then make sure none of the channels have a texture map applied. If they do, simply remove them. IIRC, there's a little square box that shows the texture. If you click on that, you can select a texture or select "None" to remove the texture completely.

Sorry I can't be more specific. Been a while since I've worked in Daz Studio,  but hopefully that's enough to get you on the right path so you can figurre out how to remove the textures.

Post edited by Freightliner Fox on
  • You can download this shader https://spyrorue.deviantart.com/art/Genesis-Grey-Materials-G3-Bundle-691230166

for free, select every texture of your figure and replace it with that.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited April 2018

You are on the right track, clmoonriver, although there is a quicker and easier way to do it. Just select one of the surfaces in the Surfaces tab and remove all of the texture  maps that it may have as you have instructed. Then, change the diffuse or base colour to grey, depending on which render engine you are using. You may wish to adjust other settings as well to get the result desired. Once you have that done and are satisfied, select the first channel and right-click, choosing Copy Selected Surface(s) from the popup window. Now, select all the remaining surfaces, select the first channel and right-click, this time choosing Paste to Selected Surface(s). Boom.

Post edited by SixDs on
  • see devisee devi Posts: 60
    edited April 2018

Thanks Illidanstorm SixDs clmoonriver for your replies ! 

Illidanstorm I'm going to try your method first as it seems the simplest. 

You can download this shader https://spyrorue.deviantart.com/art/Genesis-Grey-Materials-G3-Bundle-691230166

for free, select every texture of your figure and replace it with that.

when you say select every texture, could you have a look at the image below and tell me if this is what you mean please ?

Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 4.47.53 pm.jpg
    172 x 396 - 29K
    Post edited by see devi on
  • see devisee devi Posts: 60

I got it Illidanstorm ! just installed it and opened and it worked - thanks !