DAZ Studio vs Poser Formats & Arranging Content

As most of you know, organizing content can be a nightmare.  A lack of regulation surrounding content creation/coding combined with multiple possible destinations results in a confusing scramble of subfolders nested in other subfolders that may or may not appear in one or more of the interface's five content categories.

Most of the new content seems to wind up in the Poser Formats directory, in My Daz 3D Library.  So I've been diligently sorting my content here.  I realized recently that some content is installed only into the Daz Studio Formats directory, and even if copied into the the Poser directory does not appear there.

Could I organize all my content in the Poser Format directory...or will there always be some content that works only in one place or the other?  Any advice on simplifying content organization so it's all in one place?

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,029

Content in DS format won't appear in Poser content directories, and vice-versa.

There's a way to make DS load DS-format presets from a Poser content directory, but it requires creating a fake poser preset with the same name and putting it alongside the DS file in the Poser-content directory : the poser file will be displayed in the library but DS will automatically load the DS one instead. I think you can do something similar for figures too, but I've never done it myself.

All in all the simplest way to get DS and Poser content to appear together is to use the Category system in DS.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984

If you can see the Poser format content on the Smart Content Tab (typically products purchased from Daz3D), you can click and drag icons from it into the My Daz 3D Library creating 'shortcuts' of the content in any folder organization of your choosing.  You would need to have the Smart Content Tab and the My Daz 3D library on separate panes as shown in the attached picture. If you normally have both tabs on the same pane, just move them back together after you're are finished organizing.

Shortcut Drag and Drop.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 337K