Need World Trade Center model compatible with Daz

ats3717ats3717 Posts: 11
edited April 2018 in The Commons

I've been looking for a 3d model of the World Trade Center complex (pre 9/11) that is compatible with Daz3D and maintains all its materials and textures.  I've looked everywhere and found many models, but none that work with Daz3D all that well.  I need it for a project.  Anyone have any helpful suggestions?    

Post edited by ats3717 on

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,315
    edited April 2018

Here is a free one that includes obj format that can be imported into DS: https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/free-world-trade-center-3d-model/517182

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Also multiple models on the Google Warehouse, whatever that is called now.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,315

Also multiple models on the Google Warehouse, whatever that is called now.

I assume you mean 3D Warehouse. They are in sketchup format (skp) and will have to be converted to obj or other compatable format for import to DAZ Studio. The quality is highly variable and almost all will require at least some work to use in DS

• ats3717ats3717 Posts: 11

Thanks everyone.  I saw the free one, but would like a little better quality.  I also came across sketchup, but I couldn't find any option to download it to your drive, so I assumed you couldn't. How do you download it from sketch up?

ats3717 said:

Thanks everyone.  I saw the free one, but would like a little better quality.  I also came across sketchup, but I couldn't find any option to download it to your drive, so I assumed you couldn't. How do you download it from sketch up?

You log into 3D Warehouse via web browser. Any Google account you have should give you access. Search for Manhattan. And you get a fairly OK selection that can be often downloaded directly from your web browser in OBJ format.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552
    ats3717 said:

You log into 3D Warehouse via web browser. Any Google account you have should give you access. Search for Manhattan. And you get a fairly OK selection that can be often downloaded directly from your web browser in OBJ format.

I have never seen an .OBJ optrion in the downloads. Only .SKP, Collada, .KMZ and now .STL

ats3717 said:

I have never seen an .OBJ optrion in the downloads. Only .SKP, Collada, .KMZ and now .STL

I've gotten OBJs in the past although I'm not 100% sure, maybe it was Collada. I'm sure it had a commonly portable format, so Collada or OBJ both meet tha requirement.