Defining paths for DAZ content

cjreynoldscjreynolds Posts: 155
edited April 2018 in Daz Studio Discussion

Greetings, fellow travelers!

I've never used DAZ Studio before - been using Bryce for a long while, but for my currect project I need to create human forms for my scenes. I have a lot of Studio/Poser content that I bought a long time ago but never used (was looking for Bryce content and didn't know the differece).

Downloaded DIM a while back and selected DAZ Studio, and it started downloading and installing DS and all of the DS content in my account ("Install After Download" was checked, arggghhhh!). I interrupted the process as soon as I realised what was happening.

I want the DS main program to be installed on my c: drive, but need all of the content installed on d: so I uninstalled all of the stuff DIM had installed. I had hoped that DIM would let me install DS, open DS and set up the folders for content on d:, then when I ran DIM again to install the content it would see the folder setup in DS and install the content to the folders I had defined.

I already had the setup files for a previous version of DS on my HD, so I installed that by hand, and in the process it prompted me to install Content Manager.

1st question: How do I reset DIM to "factory new" settings so it will forget about having installed the stuff it previously installed?

2nd question: Having set up Content Manager, will DIM recognise the paths I defined and install content to them, or is there a better way to get just the content installed on d: drive?

Thanks as always for your help,

joe

Post edited by cjreynolds on

Comments