Looking for Genesis 3 compatible yukata/casual kimonos and karate uniforms.

RedSoulRedSoul Posts: 59
edited April 2018 in Product Suggestions

The fight uniform for Genesis 2 doesn't work properly with Genesis 3, as the pits of the sleeves freeze in place when used on G3.
https://i.imgur.com/E3rEy9A.png
https://i.imgur.com/12f0IzS.png

I'm also looking for casual kimonos--known as yukata--compatible with Genesis 3 as well. I tried this one, but it's a Poser format that loaded as a Prop and didn't really work as intended unless I'm missing something. I'm aware of the Peony Kimono and the Furisode both for Genesis 2, but when used on Genesis 3, the long sleeves freeze in place and get stretched out when the arm moves.
https://i.imgur.com/FRmhaT8.png

The latter is rather odd, because one of the promo pictures for Akiko for Mei Lin 7--a Genesis 3 model--shows her wearing the Peony kimono with no visible issues.
There is a G3 kimono in the shop, but this seem to be of the shorter, "sexy" variety, which is fine but isn't what I'm looking for.

I'm kind of at my wit's end here. Are there any of the above-mentioned clothing available for and compatible with Genesis 3? Or at least a way to resolve the issues mentioned above?

Post edited by RedSoul on

Comments

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

+1

Peony Kimono can be used for later generations, including G8, in some very, very limited poses, using dForm (usually parts explode). But you're right, there is nothing on the market that is versatile enough.

• RedSoulRedSoul Posts: 59

That's a shame. It's too bad that no one created updated outfits for G3. Especially since as shown, AutoFit isn't perfect (another example is using most G2 high heels on G3 figures; the shoe ends up floating below the foot at an angle).

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

I agree. There have been a few threads requesting Karate Uniforms ( one by me) for the newer models. I personally would hope for Gen3 Male and Female versions as Autofit seems to work pretty well with G3>G8 conversion and the reverse isn't true. My personal Library is stocked with G3 characters and I am slowly converting to the new G8. I use them frequently and the old G2 uniforms do require quite a bit of tweaking, especially around the under arms and chest on the female. To any Daz Officials or PA's that might be reading this...you could seriously bend me over on price and I'm sure I'd pay it. Especially if they came with different material options like color, designs, belt ranks. I've been able to make some changes and spice up the old ones a bit but I'm sure an official product would look and pose much better. I know it's niche but so are a lot of things in the Daz Store. 

Has anyone heard anything anywhere about this product possibly being in the works? I check daily hoping it will be my lucky day.

• ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 530

I would love this sort of clothing to be compatible with male figures .. My Raelyn is a Gen3Male who, in the stories I write, often dresses as a Geisha in kimono's and such. Doing an image of him is difficult as many of the Kimono products have a weird stretch between the ankles (unless I am missing something).

edited April 2018

Yukata (with dForce) just out for G8:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/dforce-yukata-for-genesis-8-female/126307/

Here it is, straight out of the box, with basic dForce settings:

dF-Yukata.jpg
    800 x 1294 - 137K
    Post edited by frankrblow on
    edited April 2018

Another, quick, out of the box render, with basic dForce applied, in seiza (formal kneeling pose), as close as default limits allow. Note that sleeves will need adjustment of dForce so they drape correctly, and to (hopefully) prevent distortion of the texture, as shown here.

Certainly nowhere near perfect, but a very useful yukata, nevertheless. And if other vendors create similar or better yukata/kimono, I will buy them, too.

Edit: Another image here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3564521/#Comment_3564521

dForceYukataSeiza.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1020K
  • MescalinoMescalino Posts: 431

I would love that as well. (With dForce would be a bonus :) ) But a regular Ki ould be great as well (G3 and possibly G8)

• RedSoulRedSoul Posts: 59

Wonderful! If it works well enough with G3, then that will be one problem solved!

• ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 530

Would love to see something that is compatible on a male character. I have one who tends to dress more feminine as he doesn't exactly identify as one or the other.

edited April 2018
    illysArt said:

Would love to see something that is compatible on a male character. I have one who tends to dress more feminine as he doesn't exactly identify as one or the other.

Here is G8 male (default) in "Base Pose Kneeling B". Added the Yukata and a plane, all as default, then hit Simulate. It seems that when the sleeves are near vertical, the drape is not very strong (Left arm) while the right looks very reasonable. 

G8M_YukataFRONT.png
    450 x 650 - 252K
    G8M_YukataLEFT.png
    450 x 650 - 243K
    G8M_YukataRIGHT.png
    450 x 650 - 228K
    G8M_YukataBACK.png
    450 x 650 - 252K
    edited May 2018

The male version of the yukata has been released at Rendo: www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/dforce-yukata-for-genesis-8-male/126567

Note, though, that it is of slightly lesser quality than the female version. Nevertheless. for the price, it is good value. With one caveat: the textures stretch badly in conformed poses, and it needs dForce to look good. Here is my first render with it.

There is minor pokethrough at the elbows when dForce applied, but this is an easy fix, with adjustments.

G8M_Yukata_Test1a.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 664K