GoZ with Zbrush question

see devisee devi Posts: 60
edited April 2018 in New Users

Hi everyone, I successfully used Goz to get Genesis 3 to Zbrush but now that I'm trying to go back to Daz, it doesn't seem to work. I click Goz in Zbrush (with Daz path correctly selected) but nothing happens. In zbrush after clicking GoZ it says "file saved to disk succesfully" but nothing comes up in Daz to indicate that the import has happened or is happening.

Is there something I need to do in Daz to make sure it can import from Zbrush?

Post edited by see devi on

Comments

• Are you sure it hasn't opened a second copy of DS behind the one you were working in?

• see devisee devi Posts: 60
    edited April 2018

Yep, sure of that. No other copy open. 

edited April 2018

Ok so I quit daz and started the whole process over again and now the GoZ import options pop up, but I can't select "Update an existing object" - it is greyed out. And the pop up reads: 

"The topology of the object has changed. The object cannot be updated. Select the action you want to perform:"

The only option I have is "Create a new object", but I want to be able to select "Update an existing object" as per the instructions in Part 3 of this tutorial

http://www.laylo3d.com/creating-char.../#comment-6344

can anyone tell me what is going wrong here please?

• If you exported via GoZ the resolution should be right, but did you divide in ZBrush? If so make sure you set the divisions back to 0. Also make sure you don't use any tool that adds to or deletes geometry.

Ah yes thats it I forgot to uncheck "export at current resolution". Thanks Richard!