Transfer Utility causing fatal error

I submitted a help ticket but just wondering has anyone tried using the transfer utility to fit a cape? For some reason, when I do, it crashes.

Comments

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

If it helps, this was a cape .obj I imported, allocated surface materials and when I transferred, was indicating to the Transfer Utility to use Sickleyields Back up of Cape. I tried a second time with cape 1 but still no dice. :(

Source was the G3M figure and target was the cape.

Here's what i got from my support ticvket:

"Hi Robert,

Here are the errors that I see in your log file:

ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "product_guid_key"

2018-04-11 20:27:05.574 Performing figure transfer:
    2018-04-11 20:27:05.777 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1766): Failed to follow node.

Did you create a Global ID Number for this custom content?

Please note that we do not support custom content. You may want to ask this in our forums to see if any other customers have run into this issue."

Does anyone know how to fix this error?

Ok, new discovery.

I found it will work BUT only on an object I have NOT delineated the surface groups on. I used ZBrush and alloicated polys of my mesh to be Polygroups in ZBrush, saved as an .obj file and then imported into DAZ. The Geometry Editor was then used to divvy up those face groups into Surface group[s BUT it seems to stop cold when I am trying to impose the cape structure of Sickleyield's cape template on it. It works beautifully when I DON'T allocate the areas but chokes when I do and I REALLY don't want to try and paint it out in DAZ. The Geometry Editor selection tool is a nightmare compared to how easy DAZ is.

Any suggestions? :\

P.S. Sickleyield's products ROCK and I am a huge fan. MUST buy usually for me. Mad props to her.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    edited April 2018

After import, try converting the obj to a figure before performing the transfer utility. I seem to recall this working for me with this issue in the past. 

(Edit- Rigging - Convert prop to figure. I don’t think the weight map options mattered.) HTH 

Post edited by Redz on

REDZ!

YOU ARE AWESOME! :)  THANKS! IT WORKS! :)

edited April 2018

Thanks to both Redz and Sickleyield for their helpful assistance! :)

Still working on it. :)

StrangeCloak-web.jpg
    432 x 588 - 156K
    Post edited by RKane_1 on

I know.... what a strange cloak. :) Right?

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    RKane_1 said:

REDZ!

YOU ARE AWESOME! :)  THANKS! IT WORKS! :)

Yay! Happy to help.