G8F tries to load a file out of G3F

Hi,

there were several Genesis starter essential updates in the past. After one of these (up to now), I observed ever the message "data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/genesis8female.dsf" file missing at the end of loading the base G8F character.
OK - the character loads successfully and works fine. But this message is annoying.

I already tried to replace the /data content with that out the DIM download zip. But no change.
Someone any idea what this could be?

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Easiest fix is just to put a copy of the genesis8female.dsf file in the stated genesis 3 path. While a workaround, to my knowledge, DAZ3d hasn't corrected the issue. I suspect you could also edit the genesis8female.duf file, but any updates would overwrite your fix.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,843

Been hearing similar issues from different places for a little while now, the problem is finding out if the issue is in the files or if the CMS is reading something that really shouldn't be there, and over ruling Studio's native functions to throw that error on screen.

I refuse to allow the CMS on my system, as a result I have no idea if you can turn it off without uninstalling it, if you can then turn it off and try and load that file again, if you still get the error then it's an issue with the files, if you don't get the error then it's badly done/corrupt metadata.