Search is broken

lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 593
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I was searching for steampunk items and clicked the sort by release date button. it came up with "no items found". Now it won't find anything at all and doesn't give me the option to change the sort by action. Any advice besides going to Rendo and searching there? Already doing that.

Comments

• edited June 2012

Wow. I've ... never seen it do that, before. But, following your directions, the exact same thing happens.

To get back out of the search, just click a menu item on the 'Shop' menu. Then you can reset your sort order and search again.

Post edited by thinmick_3ecd3939f1 on
  • lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 593
    edited December 1969

Thank, you, thank you, thank you. you saved my hair from a lot of pulling!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

I searched Steampunk and got results. I changed the order to release date and all the results disappeared. I also got the same results with search for Aiko or Victoria and even Bob.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,137
    edited December 1969

Yes, this has been happening to me for a while, anytime I select release date as the sort order after doing a search. It definitely seems broken, as you said.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

has anyone reported this problem? I know there is a site for Daz to report bugs but I forgot its url.

• Robert952Robert952 Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2055_4/

Item 1a in the list on this post...

Not been working for quite a while.

• GhengisFarbGhengisFarb Posts: 173
    edited June 2012

I haven't been able to get Search to work by release date since they switched over to the new store. I was under the impression they weren't going to fix it as it wasn't on their list and there doesn't seem to be anyway to report issues.

Post edited by GhengisFarb on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2012

I haven't been able to get Search to work by release date since they switched over to the new store. I was under the impression they weren't going to fix it as it wasn't on their list and there doesn't seem to be anyway to report issues.

That is pure speculation on your part, as Daz3D is working hard to get all known issues sorted out, and this is one of the known issues.

Also there are instructuions, in the sticky post about Store Issues, telling you how to add a comment to the existing report in the Bug tracker.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • GhengisFarbGhengisFarb Posts: 173
    edited June 2012

chohole said:

That is pure speculation on your part, as Daz3D is working hard to get all known issues sorted out, and this is one of the known issues.

Also there are instructuions, in the sticky post about Store Issues, telling you how to add a comment to the existing report in the Bug tracker.
    If it's a KNOWN issue then why isn't it listed as a KNOWN issue. WE CAN"T READ their minds and we don't have a Daz cam showing us what they're doing 24 hours a day. We have not be able to search by release date, by artist, since the new software was installed, I know I've submitted the issue via the contact screen and Daz has yet to list it as an issue, so we HAVE NO WAY of knowing they have any intention of fixing it.

I'm still here because I've made a serious investment in the products I've bought from Daz, many years ago they were the most customer oriented and professional run operation and source for the best quality 3d products. I literally cannot hunt and find what's currently in the store and what I've currently purchased for projects I'm working on doing to the collapse of the search feature.

I don't even know why I typed this, you're probably going to delete my account for saying it anyyway.

Post edited by GhengisFarb on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2012

GhengisFarb In this announcment, stickied at the top of each Forum http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2055_4/ you will note that the first item listed as known issues is the Store Search. As it has not been updated (red type) then it has not been worked on yet.

Search by vendor is mostly working properly, it you insert the Vendor's name in the store search box. You have to know the name that they broker under.

Post edited by Chohole on