Can't seem to use a lot of my Genesis morphs on G2

Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have a decently sized library of custom characters (probably like 25ish), and I have been trying to copy the figure to the new genesis and all it does is the pose! I thought this was weird, so I looked into my available morphs for G2 vs my G1 character and a LOT of my morphs are just not available.

Is there a fix for this? If G2 is not backwards compatible with G1 I guess I'm not adopting G2, because a little better bending and jawline is not worth the dozens of hours I'd need to recreate my characters manually, not to mentioning finding G2 products to replace the stuff that doesn't work now.

Comments

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

I have a decently sized library of custom characters (probably like 25ish), and I have been trying to copy the figure to the new genesis and all it does is the pose! I thought this was weird, so I looked into my available morphs for G2 vs my G1 character and a LOT of my morphs are just not available.

Is there a fix for this? If G2 is not backwards compatible with G1 I guess I'm not adopting G2, because a little better bending and jawline is not worth the dozens of hours I'd need to recreate my characters manually, not to mentioning finding G2 products to replace the stuff that doesn't work now.

Unfortunately Genesis 2 is not compatible with Genesis morphs... Kattey has figured out a workaround for this that works pretty well from what I've seen. And I hear Dimension 3D (the producer of the GenX plug-in) is working on a product that will convert Genesis morphs to Genesis 2.

I've made a compatibility chart that describes what older content will or will not work with Genesis.

• PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

Genesis 2 is a new figure and thus the Genesis 1 morphs will not work. It's like it was with V3 to V4 where V3 morphs wouldn't work on V4 either.

There is a thread explaining how to convert Genesis 1 morphs to Genesis 2:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24093/

• dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Should be able to use GenX eventually, though how well that will work remains to be seen, what with it not existing yet.