G2 to G8 Characters

I would love to be able to make G8M look like Gianni 6. He has such a characateristic face, but I would love to bring him up to G8 quality and be able to use G8 clothing, skins, poses, etc. on him. I loved being able to do Gianni 6 and Michael 6 on G3M. I'd definitely buy this if it was available.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552

Use genX to transfer Gianni to G3. then the singular blues script to transfer the Gianni G3 morph to G8. I did this for Giselle and it works great. Here's an image, G2 on the left, G8 on the right.

giselle.jpg
    1312 x 859 - 300K
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,079

I've also had luck using this method: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/177246/basic-tutorial-for-transferring-genesis3-female-morphs-to-genesis8-female

Despite it saying g3 to g8, it works the same way directly from g2 to g8. G2 skin I haven't added to g8 yet, only to g3. I bought these yesterday, their g2 to g3 versions work fine, so I'm hoping that this g2 to g8 will work fine as well: https://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-8-genesis-2-female and https://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-8-genesis-2-male-michael-5-and-michael-6

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

Use genX to transfer Gianni to G3. then the singular blues script to transfer the Gianni G3 morph to G8. I did this for Giselle and it works great. Here's an image, G2 on the left, G8 on the right.

Where can I find it?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926
    edited April 2018
    Imago said:

Where can I find it?

That script set was pulled by Singular Blues. The thread it was originally posted in is in the Commons forum. You might respectfully ask if he repost the latest version of the scripts for you & others. It is only beta but works for most use cases. Singular Blues intends to refine it & sell it as a product in the DAZ Store.

Also, it only ever handle G3M to G3F, G3F to G3M, G3F to G8F, G3M to G38, G8F to G8M, and G8M to G8F.

You can search for the SickleYield document on how to manually transfer morphs from G2 to G3 on Google using Transfer Utility & Morph Loader Pro. Strickly speaking nothing else is needed. It is located as a video on YouTube and a written document at DeviantArt.com

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,900
    Imago said:

Where can I find it?

That script set was pulled by Singular Blues. The thread it was originally posted in is in the Commons forum. You might respectfully ask if he repost the latest version of the scripts for you & others. It is only beta but works for most use cases. Singular Blues intends to refine it & sell it as a product in the DAZ Store.

Also, it only ever handle G3M to G3F, G3F to G3M, G3F to G8F, G3M to G38, G8F to G8M, and G8M to G8F.

You can search for the SickleYield document on how to manually transfer morphs from G2 to G3 on Google using Transfer Utility & Morph Loader Pro. Strickly speaking nothing else is needed. It is located as a video on YouTube and a written document at DeviantArt.com

Ah, very good!

I'll wait for the release on the store, then! Thanks for the info!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926
    Imago said:
    Imago said:

Where can I find it?

Ah, very good!

I'll wait for the release on the store, then! Thanks for the info!

That's a very big if if itgets released to the store.