Video card options

I recently began using Daz3D and learned that my Geforce GTX 770 is not supported by Iray.  All of the renders are being handled by the CPU.  Do you have any recommendations for a video card that doesn't break the piggy bank or should I stick with cpu rendering?

Thank you for your time and thoughts.

Comments

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

After reading video card forums all day, and playing with modded drivers to no end; I uninstalled everything Nvidia - Ccleaned my registry; installed the latest drivers (again) and cpu rendering works.

Technology ... always a love/hate relationship!

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,586

Yeah, I have some rare 6gb vram Nvidia 780's and they run in Iray just fine. Not supported does not mean not working.

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

GTX 750 and higher numbers have the first Maxwell GPUs, which are still supported.  GTX 740 and lower numbers use Kepler GPUs, which either are no longer supported, or will soon not be supported.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2097974/nvidia-unveils-maxwell-a-supremely-power-efficient-gpu-architecture.html

Happy to learn that, as I have a couple of GTX 760's I hope to keep using.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Have a dozen installs of suggested drivers, I tossed all of the suggestions, uninstalled everything Nvidia, ran Ccleaner, installed the latest driver (again, mind you) and now Daz uses my gpu without an issue.  Technology ... always a love/hate relationship!

• Greymom said:

GTX 750 and higher numbers have the first Maxwell GPUs, which are still supported.  GTX 740 and lower numbers use Kepler GPUs, which either are no longer supported, or will soon not be supported.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2097974/nvidia-unveils-maxwell-a-supremely-power-efficient-gpu-architecture.html

Happy to learn that, as I have a couple of GTX 760's I hope to keep using.

Oh poop I have the GTX 740. That might explain why I am having issues trying to render things