OT - ZBrush 2018, the newest version drops today. :)

RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Instead of going to "Version 5.0" they opted to go with "2018". If you own ZBrush, it is still a free upgrade to the new one HOWEVER, the price will rise by $100 to about $900 ish in the near future so buy it while ya can IF ya can.

:)

Comments

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    Wow these additions look great. Excited to try out sculptris pro
  • Don't forget that the Sculptris Pro mode will change the mesh, so it's for original content creation not morph creation.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    Ah OK. I'll probably give it a go still. I need to start creating original things for myself, this looks like a good way to start.
  • Looks good, but I won't be able to play with it until the weekend.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited March 2018

Don't forget that the Sculptris Pro mode will change the mesh, so it's for original content creation not morph creation.

GOOD CALL, RICHARD! :)

But for creating all new content it should be amazing. You can sculpt new body armor, clothing, jewelry, places, vehicles, or a new critter and then retop and rig for DAZ.

Post edited by RKane_1 on

The new features look QUITE impressive!

https://pixologic.com/features/

edited March 2018

Yeah, you could not use the new Sculptris Pro mode in ZBrush2018 to make morphs. It's like a hose that spews out new vertices. *chuckle*

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698

Seems like the update is really geared towards printed objects.  Which is cool, just not something that I do.

JoeQuick said:

Seems like the update is really geared towards printed objects.  Which is cool, just not something that I do.

"WAVE OF THE FUTURE!" they say.

Old man voice: "Back in MY day, our imaginary things were conceptual only... AND WE LIKED IT!"

The new Projecting Primitives deformer is pretty cool, though. You could make something pretty quickly out of that, it seems.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited March 2018

I just watched the 2 hour YouTube vid and no it's not just for 3D printing.  You really should buckle up and watch it as it's VERY informative.  I'm SO glad I got my upgrade.  I can see allot of these new tools helping me create content.  Remember, if you want to upgrade from ZBrush Core to Full ZBrush 2018 you have 3 weeks and then the upgrade price goes up $100.00.  Upgrades for current ZBrush license owners is FREE so no upsets there. 

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • bought the full zbrush when they released core and had a steap discount on the full version with my inheritence :) though still haven't looked at it kinda nervous yeah I'm strange kinda worried about stuffing things up. Anyway there was an upgrade previously that I never did cause at time had limited internet don't now but then I read something you had to unistall previous version before installing but in this new one nothing is mentioned in the email or on sight if you gotta do this or not so do I have to unistall 4.7 first or just run the 2018 and that take care of everything or do I leave 4.7 install 2018 and have two versions of zbrush on my computer just like some have several versions of daz 

Also was reading that all the others been upgraded no need for core obviously but read Scultrus is now pro don't know if still free but I know that was a even more basic simple version of Z that was free but in the description it has this which makes me wonder if we need that as well or adds something extra somehow going between Z and Sculptris working on projects as it mentions many new brushes in Z were built specificly for Sculptris -

ZBrush places a library of over 400 sculpting brushes at your fingertips. Activating Sculptris Pro will transform each of these brushes into a system that places no limitations on your creativity. ZBrush 2018 also comes with new brushes designed specifically for Sculptris Pro.

z and scultris pro brushes info.jpg
    2719 x 1526 - 797K
  • SotoSoto Posts: 1,437

Sculptris Pro is incredible. I do base modeling in Sculptris and then export to XBrush for cleaning, but having everything in the same place (Sculptris + ZBrush brushes) is just too good!

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246
    RKane_1 said:

Instead of going to "Version 5.0" they opted to go with "2018". If you own ZBrush, it is still a free upgrade to the new one HOWEVER, the price will rise by $100 to about $900 ish in the near future so buy it while ya can IF ya can.

There's a site called CGriver that is selling 4R8 for $640 and it's eligable for the free Zbrush 2018 upgrade.  They are reputable, I came across them via a link at pixologic when looking into eligability for an academice license. They are an official reseller for pixologic.  So seems like a good deal there.

Yeah but... I got ZBrush 4r3 and I have upgraded for free since then every time. It really is worth the investment with their upgrade policy.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited March 2018

I nearly pulled the plug, but over £550, ouch.

RKane_1 said:

There's a site called CGriver that is selling 4R8 for $640 and it's eligable for the free Zbrush 2018 upgrade.  They are reputable, I came across them via a link at pixologic when looking into eligability for an academice license. They are an official reseller for pixologic.  So seems like a good deal there.

Was going to buy it through them then noticed that US only.

Looks like my next credit card bill is going to suck; good job its set to pay off the balance in full.

... Guess its time to see where my wallet has gone to hide.

Post edited by nicstt on
    nicstt said:

I nearly pulled the plug, but over £550, ouch.

RKane_1 said:

Was going to buy it through them then noticed that US only.

Looks like my next credit card bill is going to suck; good job its set to pay off the balance in full.

... Guess its time to see where my wallet has gone to hide.

I am so glad I bit the bullet and bought it. It is amazing! :)

• bought the full zbrush when they released core and had a steap discount on the full version with my inheritence :) though still haven't looked at it kinda nervous yeah I'm strange kinda worried about stuffing things up. Anyway there was an upgrade previously that I never did cause at time had limited internet don't now but then I read something you had to unistall previous version before installing but in this new one nothing is mentioned in the email or on sight if you gotta do this or not so do I have to unistall 4.7 first or just run the 2018 and that take care of everything or do I leave 4.7 install 2018 and have two versions of zbrush on my computer just like some have several versions of daz 

Also was reading that all the others been upgraded no need for core obviously but read Scultrus is now pro don't know if still free but I know that was a even more basic simple version of Z that was free but in the description it has this which makes me wonder if we need that as well or adds something extra somehow going between Z and Sculptris working on projects as it mentions many new brushes in Z were built specificly for Sculptris -

ZBrush places a library of over 400 sculpting brushes at your fingertips. Activating Sculptris Pro will transform each of these brushes into a system that places no limitations on your creativity. ZBrush 2018 also comes with new brushes designed specifically for Sculptris Pro.

Sculptris Pro is now a mode inside of ZBrush 2018. Sculptris (notice the lack of the word "Pro") is a separate program. :)

People had before been going back and forth between the two programs, now they don't have to. :)

No worries Angel, Installed last night it is a whole new stand alone with the added Sculptris-Pro, nothing to uninstall. I have 4R8 and now the new one. Same interface with the added Sculptis-Pro Button, really nice feature. You can even run either version if you like, just not at same time, hope this helps. Sorry for double post.

Yaeh, I retained 4r8 and go to it whenever I want to....but there is little need with the new version which can do more. I am thinking of uninstalling those versions just to save a little space. :)

• thanks RKane_1  and diamondd123 haven't unistalled previous version which is a good thing cause I'm having trouble installing 2018 version gets to about 3/4 unpacking files then stops with an error looked it up said might be defender which is already turned off and I turned off parts of my antivirus still no go checked size of installer looks like full size fully downloaded

• fixed so last night I downloaded from the north american server took all night to download very slow and when I tried to  install stopped about 3/4 in redownloaded but this time from Asia server I live in Australia and we are part of Asia Pacific fast download only few minutes ran installer install perfectly so any other Aussies or around our region download from Asia server it's fast and installs

fixed so last night I downloaded from the north american server took all night to download very slow and when I tried to  install stopped about 3/4 in redownloaded but this time from Asia server I live in Australia and we are part of Asia Pacific fast download only few minutes ran installer install perfectly so any other Aussies or around our region download from Asia server it's fast and installs

Happy to hear ya finally got it all downloaded, sir. Happy ZBrushing! :)

• RKane_1 said:

fixed so last night I downloaded from the north american server took all night to download very slow and when I tried to  install stopped about 3/4 in redownloaded but this time from Asia server I live in Australia and we are part of Asia Pacific fast download only few minutes ran installer install perfectly so any other Aussies or around our region download from Asia server it's fast and installs

thanks :) it's about time I should look at this too even if I just do simple static props for myself

RKane_1 said:

thanks :) it's about time I should look at this too even if I just do simple static props for myself

Actually making conforming clothing is surprisingly easy once you have a base mesh model made to flow the curves of a model. JoeQuick had a great tutorial on making one out of ZSpheres if I can find it...  I think. That's how I made mine.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Well, I bit the bullet; guess I know what my free time is going to be occupied with doing.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

You won't regret it.  ZBrush has it all, even the ZModeler is quite good, helped me fix allot of my older meshes I made way back when without having to fire up Silo

I mean, sure you will miss all your freinds but...HEY! Who needs 'em? YOU GOT ZBRUSH! WOOT! :)

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

thanks for the heads-up, RKane_1...

i finally took the plunge and picked it up. 

j