Gritty Photoshop attempt - Before & After

Noved1Noved1 Posts: 160
edited March 2018 in Art Studio

Hey every body! So i took a base render of a soldier girl (Genesis 2 female) from a little comic of mine (Alien killing mercenaries of the highest badass level)

with basic 3dlight lights on, and then i took it into a photo editor and went crazy, maybe i could get advice if it's done well, or any other tips perhaps? I'm QUITE new to this in general, photo manipulation.

Here you go! 1st is after photoshop, second is the base render.

athen 1 edited shopped.png
544 x 419 - 514K
athen 1.png
544 x 419 - 324K
Post edited by Noved1 on

Comments

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

I would say you really did a great job on your postwork!!!

Whatever program your using is serving you very well!!!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I really like what you have done!  The base render looks great, the finished one looks even better.  Nicely done!

• Noved1Noved1 Posts: 160

I would say you really did a great job on your postwork!!!

Whatever program your using is serving you very well!!!

I'm using (with a bit of guilt) A program called "Krita" available for free, it's very handy, i use photoshop on occasion as well to add some touches.

I really like what you have done!  The base render looks great, the finished one looks even better.  Nicely done!

Why thank you!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Krita is a good program!  I have it although I haven't done much with it lately.  Its absolutely fantastic for painting landscapes as well. No need to feel guilty, I use free as often as possible lol.  If I didn't, I couldn't afford this hobby!

• kenmokenmo Posts: 895

Love the Photoshop work on your base render.... Adds detail and character....