sclera does not render out

hi everyone. I have issues with rendering out eyes in daz using either open gl or 3delight. I don't use iray because i use mac. the previews are perfect, but the renders come out with missing map on the eye sclera. see images below. I am wondering if there is a setting in the surfaces if i dig deep that i can change. its happening on a laptop and desktop so i know its not a computer issue. plus it happens with two new gen 8 models. finally, i am not using iray specific files. please see attachment to further clarify. would appreciate anyone's help here. The image shows the problem

Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 10.04.27 pm.png
379 x 329 - 204K

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

I haven't installed G8 since I don't use it, so not familiar with the G8 eye topology or surface zones, but have you checked that the right uv map is applied for the sclera in the surface tab? Have you tried to apply eye surfaces from another product? If it looks the same rendered in OpenGL it's apparently not a render settings issue. What happens if you remove the diffuse map for the sclera and set the diffuse color to white? Will it render as a solid white surface?

• Thanks Sven, I will try those options. I am having the same issue with the base G8 model so I am trying for some work around. Yes I have tried eye surfaces from other products. That was my first attempt at sorting out the matter. Also, gen 3 renders out fine - no issues at all. so i am guessing its a G8 issue. Totally stumped. checked the sclera - all white and diffuse removed. not sure what to do here.

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 12.05.42 am.png
    770 x 262 - 276K
    Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 12.05.27 am.png
    377 x 322 - 199K
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Could it be an IOR (index of refraction) value issue? Looks like some of the eye surfaces' IOR value is way off!