DAZ Studio stopped working - ACCESS_VIOLATION

DAZ Studio & Corel Motion Studio 3D I use regularly without incident all of a sudden both stopped working! I can not start either one. I have opened a support ticket but I am going crazy waiting so hope some kind person here with the knowledge may be able to help sooner!?!?

DAZ Studio: When attempting to start, the programme crashes and  I am met with the following error notification…
DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\plugins\dzshaderbuilder.dll" at 0033:000000003D08AE60, getPluginDefinition()+421744 byte(s)

Corel Motion Studio 3D: When attempting to start nothing seems to happen but then I am met with the following error notification …  
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

I know this is a DAZ forum & not Corel... I don't know if the 2 are related but thought it possible so have mentioned both.
Running Daz Studio Pro BETA 4.10 on Win10 64bit
Is there anybody who can help with this please? Feeling lost! sad

Thanks! smiley

Comments

• if two things stop working, for what appear to be unrelated reasons, my first thought would be to check for disc errors.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

I have just solved a similar probelm but it might be unrelated. DAZ Studio suddenly started crashing on startup but the error indicated an intel graphics issue. I don't use my on-board Intel Graphics because I have a discrete NVidia GPU so I disabled the Intel device but that didn't help. Then I tried to uninstall the drivers but that didn't help. Then I tried to uninstall the device itself (in Device Manager). Although the device reappears on reboot, the drivers are reset to an older version and DAZ Studio now starts without crashing.

Apparently there was an automatic driver update from Microsoft recently for the Intel graphics drivers.