Sorry if its a stupid question (creature creator morphs for M4)

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

The M4 creature creator morphs (plus add-on) show images of a variety of creatures. The main image is a red demon figure with horns and legs that bend backwards. The description appears to indicate that the pack + addon is all you need to replicate that, but unless I'm an idiot (which is likely) all you can do is morph the figure but it still gas the M4 skin. The pack doesn't appear to come with mats for the green skin of the zombie, the red skin and hairy legs of the demon, and so on.

Am I missing something? The packs aren't a lot of use without making them have the right colors, and I'm just starting out, I have no idea how to make custom mats and textures etc, I just products that I click to add to a scene, modify, pose and render. Have I missed something here, or is the M4 creature creator intended for advanced users who can make their own of that kind of stuff?

Thanks.

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

The M4 creature creator morphs (plus add-on) show images of a variety of creatures. The main image is a red demon figure with horns and legs that bend backwards. The description appears to indicate that the pack + addon is all you need to replicate that, but unless I'm an idiot (which is likely) all you can do is morph the figure but it still gas the M4 skin. The pack doesn't appear to come with mats for the green skin of the zombie, the red skin and hairy legs of the demon, and so on.

Am I missing something? The packs aren't a lot of use without making them have the right colors, and I'm just starting out, I have no idea how to make custom mats and textures etc, I just products that I click to add to a scene, modify, pose and render. Have I missed something here, or is the M4 creature creator intended for advanced users who can make their own of that kind of stuff?

Thanks.

did you look under - Pose

• edited December 1969

I did look under Pose, because that's where MATs and such usually get put, but there doesn't appear to be anything in there put there by the creature creator install...

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Going from memory, the legs are not morphs they are a Figure that gets conformed to M4 and M4s actual legs are hidden. There should be a preset to hide the legs under Poses.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674
    edited June 2013

You could try installing to an empty directory to see exactly what it is putting in and where. The installer might bitch about needing m4 installed, then you have to install m4 base first, but should still be a lot clearer than a full runtime. I do this often myself.

Oh yeah I forgot, need to copy paste poser.exe to the empty directory as well for some items

Post edited by TheKD on
  • edited December 1969

jestmart said:
    Going from memory, the legs are not morphs they are a Figure that gets conformed to M4 and M4s actual legs are hidden. There should be a preset to hide the legs under Poses.

Thanks, yes, I had found the legs, but they're bright smooth orange. They look great, but there don't appear to be any MATs or Textures or anything to make them useable in a render. I'll try the other poster's suggestion of installing in a new, empty directory, but I'm hoping someone who has used them will notice this thread and comment - WERE there MATs? Or am I expected to be able to make some myself (which I am not experienced enough to do; wouldn't know where to begin)?

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 1969

The M4 Creature Creator are a set of 108 morphs only, there are no textures included unfortunately.

• edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    The M4 Creature Creator are a set of 108 morphs only, there are no textures included unfortunately.

That's reasonably shitty then, since the included artwork would certainly suggest otherwise (and the webpage says it's "all that you need". :-(

edited December 1969

Finally found it in DIM, M4 Creature Creator Add-ons had the legs, tails and horns.

• edited December 1969

jestmart said:
    Finally found it in DIM, M4 Creature Creator Add-ons had the legs, tails and horns.

Yes, it does, but no skin textures, so you're left with the skin being the standard M4 look and a human looking face, and if you swapped the legs for the knees-backwards bestial ones, they're bright orange. Why are there no green zombie skin and red demon skin textures as are shown in the image when you buy the pack?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited June 2013

Did you try looking in the Content Library Pane > Poser Formats > Micheal 4 > Add-ons > MAT Creature Creator that is where my Add-ons textures are for the Legs, Tails and horns.

Now as far as the Skin maps are concerned I am fairly sure many are from the You Choose 2 product but I can't be 100% sure sorry.

Also to be fair the Creature Creator product only states morphs on the product page, not skin maps. I know I know misleading it can be but you do have t look at what the product consists of to get a better insight. I do wish all PA's would give us a list of products used in the Promos.

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

If you recently purchased these I suggest contacting sales support and ask for a refund. Then purchase this V4/M4 Creature bundle.

http://www.daz3d.com/m4-v4-creature-creator-bundle

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,050
    edited July 2013

ok.. Gang.. I've got a different problem.. I've had Michael and Victoria 4.2 Creature Creator Add Ons for about 6 months now.. and I STILL can't get the RAM, UNICORN, BULL.. etc.. horns to rez. As you can see by the photo below.. it says it's importing them.. but they never show up. I thought it was just me... but I've been working with DAZ for over 6 months now and I know how to pull things from my inventory... I even tried in poser.. and they simply won't rez. I'm veeeeeeery frustrated... HELLLLLLLLLP!!!

VICTORIA_as_half_animal_SCREEN_CAPTUREe.jpg
    1046 x 702 - 250K
    VICTORIA_as_half_animal_SCREEN_CAPTUREeE.jpg
    998 x 650 - 227K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on
    edited December 1969

You have to load the Horn CR2 first in simple terms the Mesh/Geometry.

You are trying to load a Pose and Mat to something that is not there.

Hopefully these image should help.

1: Go to the Poser Formats > My Library (if that is what your content folder is called) > Figures > Daz Characters > V4 Creature Creator and load two Horn CR2's.

2: Go to Poser Formats > My Library > Pose > Daz's Victoria 4 > Add-ons > Creature Creator and there you will find the shaping morphs.

3: apply materials

ccv4_3.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 348K
    ccv4_2.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 383K
    ccv4_1.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 357K
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

1: Go to the Poser Formats > My Library (if that is what your content folder is called) > Figures > Daz Characters > V4 Creature Creator and load two Horn CR2's.

2: Go to Poser Formats > My Library > Pose > Daz's Victoria 4 > Add-ons > Creature Creator and there you will find the shaping morphs.

OMG!!! It worked!!! NO WHERE are there instructions how to do this.. I've been trying to figure it out for MONTHS!!! sheesh.... They should have a READ ME with how to use them included in the download... THANK YOU Szark... Now i'm mad that I didn't figure it out myself.... But really not my fault.. the icons were of no use.. they don't say anything either. THANK YOU .. THANK YOU... (me... goes off to delete my trouble shooting ticket)

edited December 1969

llolalane said:
    Szark said:

OMG!!! It worked!!! NO WHERE are there instructions how to do this.. I've been trying to figure it out for MONTHS!!! sheesh.... They should have a READ ME with how to use them included in the download... THANK YOU Szark... Now i'm mad that I didn't figure it out myself.... But really not my fault.. the icons were of no use.. they don't say anything either. THANK YOU .. THANK YOU... (me... goes off to delete my trouble shooting ticket)

This must be OLD SCHOOL.. before I had DAZ... Morphing now a days isn't like this.. I'm thinking this is before we had morphing the way we do now... But they really SHOULD put a README file in the downloads on how to MORPH the horns. I've NEVER seen this way of morphing before. Maybe i'm the only one that's had this problem... Thanks again :)

edited December 1969

llolalane said:
    llolalane said:
    Szark said:

This must be OLD SCHOOL.. before I had DAZ... Morphing now a days isn't like this.. I'm thinking this is before we had morphing the way we do now... But they really SHOULD put a README file in the downloads on how to MORPH the horns. I've NEVER seen this way of morphing before. Maybe i'm the only one that's had this problem... Thanks again :)

...or else write HORN MORPH on the picture icons as help... that would work too.

edited December 1969

To be fair the folders and formats that are in gives you a clue. Figures or Props are the mesh, Pose can be a Materials or Shaping and anything that starts with MAT also gives you a clue. But yes I can see this being confusing as everyone new to this including myself finds it confusing at first. Only in time will you learn what is what. Reading this file extensions really doesn't help newcomers well IMHO.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    To be fair the folders and formats that are in gives you a clue. Figures or Props are the mesh, Pose can be a Materials or Shaping and anything that starts with MAT also gives you a clue. But yes I can see this being confusing as everyone new to this including myself finds it confusing at first. Only in time will you learn what is what. Reading this file extensions really doesn't help newcomers well IMHO.

I guess I still have a LOT to learn about DAZ (sighs)... I knew all of what you said above... but I was looking at the icons in the CATEGORIES ALPHABETICAL listing... OTHER items I have bought have helper text ON the icons. They really should say MORPH Bull Horn.. etc... on the icons.. If I had seen the word MORPH.. I would have figured it out. Oh well.. Chalk it up to another DAZ learning experience.. lol... Thanks again!

edited December 1969

You have to remember that these are old items when Poser and Daz Studio were more alike when it came to content formats and that is how it was until DS4.0. I know it is not ideal but trust me the more you use Daz Studio the more you will learn about what is what.

We are always here to help.

and you are most welcome.

edited July 2013

Szark said:
    You have to remember that these are old items when Poser and Daz Studio were more alike when it came to content formats and that is how it was until DS4.0. I know it is not ideal but trust me the more you use Daz Studio the more you will learn about what is what.

I only started with DAZ 4.5... don't know anything else.. so that doesn't help me.. lol... My point is... for NEW users to DAZ in general... we don't always KNOW everything right off. I've not found a book of instructions ANYWHERE... (which is frustrating in itself)... For that matter.. I've never talked with anyone on forums before DAZ.. I'm learning... but it can't be ASSUMED that we new people know it all :) I used to be a teacher.. so I catch on pretty fast... but.. anding a READ ME File or adding the text on the icons was just a suggestion and my opinion (for what it's worth) (smiles) to help out other newbies like me.

edited December 1969

I totally agree and have done all the way through..I just didn't say it. :- ) A manual has been a pet peeve of a lot of people and I don't think we will ever get one. I learnt all this via the old forums, not by asking but by reading and using Google a lot. Not everyones cup of tea but for me it works.

edited July 2013

llolalane said:
    Szark said:

I only started with DAZ 4.5... don't know anything else.. so that doesn't help me.. lol... My point is... for NEW users to DAZ in general... we don't always KNOW everything right off. I've not found a book of instructions ANYWHERE... (which is frustrating in itself)... For that matter.. I've never talked with anyone on forums before DAZ.. I'm learning... but it can't be ASSUMED that we new people know it all :) I used to be a teacher.. so I catch on pretty fast... but.. anding a READ ME File or adding the text on the icons was just a suggestion and my opinion (for what it's worth) (smiles) to help out other newbies like me.

hum... seems like adding a READ ME FILE to the product page and/or the .zip file would be easiest.. I know there's no easy answer... (mutters.. maybe.. I .. need to work at DAZ to help them get organized... lol)

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    I totally agree and have done all the way through..I just didn't say it. :- ) A manual has been a pet peeve of a lot of people and I don't think we will ever get one. I learnt all this via the old forums, not by asking but by reading and using Google a lot. Not everyones cup of tea but for me it works.

Yep.. spent HOURS looking at forums (this thread is what reminded me in the first place that I had the horns.. etc... Thank you bleybourne for reminding me about them).. google.. wiki (most of the DAZ links don't even work anymore.. veery frustrating)... (sighs)... maybe YOU and I need to write the book??? lol

edited December 1969

Yes I do agree the readme's could be a lot better and informative.

Book you say....I don't have what it takes to write a book. Firstly I don't know much about Daz Studio. So much has been added and not yet documented and then there is a shader mixer, rigging, morph loading, weight mapping etc etc..where would it end. LOL Seriously there is a market for a serious informative book. The two that have been made are for my money not worth the paper they are printed on in regards to being helpful to a newcomer get a basic working knowldge of Daz Studio. Yes they are good for a little insight but that is it. I bought the first book made and I was somewhat disapointed. Left me wanting more, a lot more.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Yes I do agree the readme's could be a lot better and informative.

Book you say....I don't have what it takes to write a book. Firstly I don't know much about Daz Studio. So much has been added and not yet documented and then there is a shader mixer, rigging, morph loading, weight mapping etc etc..where would it end. LOL Seriously there is a market for a serious informative book. The two that have been made are for my money not worth the paper they are printed on in regards to being helpful to a newcomer get a basic working knowldge of Daz Studio. Yes they are good for a little insight but that is it. I bought the first book made and I was somewhat disapointed. Left me wanting more, a lot more.

Thanks Szark.. didn't even know there were 2 books out there.. not been able to find ANY... I'm a tiny writer.. but not sure I could take on a whole book.. I did some writing of text books when I was a teacher... so that's why I'm such a stickler for detailed documentation. You seemed like you were expert at Daz (winks) so I assumed... you know what they say about assuming...??? lol Thanks again for your help.. I'm gonna make a render tonight with what I've learned (smiles)

edited December 1969

LOL See fooled you by my confidence. Yes I do know a lot about Daz Studio but it is still a drop in the ocean to what others know around here. I have promised myself when I get a new PC I will make an effort to learn the more advanced aspects of Daz Studio. Not that I will use them for myself but so I know what I am talking about when helping folks. Also there is the chance that learning them may inspire me to try and use them more, who knows.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    LOL See fooled you by my confidence. Yes I do know a lot about Daz Studio but it is still a drop in the ocean to what others know around here. I have promised myself when I get a new PC I will make an effort to learn the more advanced aspects of Daz Studio. Not that I will use them for myself but so I know what I am talking about when helping folks. Also there is the chance that learning them may inspire me to try and use them more, who knows.

Well .. I'm hooked on DAZ... Now if only I could find a way to make money with it.. lol.. I still have soooo much to learn. New to 3D too.. I was born to late.. lol.. Well.. Anyway.. I think we've gone off subject for this thread.. Thank you.. I've still got that render to do.. (winks)... Was a pleasure chatting with you.. Stay well :) Catch you in another thread (smilezzzz)