edited June 2013 in The Commons

nevermind...it didn't look as good in here...lol

But I do like the new Daz Studio so far! *smiles*

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on

Comments

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Yay! Welcome to the club Jas :)

DS really does keep getting better and better. :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,627
    edited June 2013

...I have to agree, after all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over the last few years dealing with buggy beta after buggy beta, 4.6 has been pretty solid.

...now all we need is an "open" Cloth Dynamics system and Soft Body Physics to make it complete.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • SotoSoto Posts: 1,438
    edited December 1969

I've not seen you in a while. Good timing.
    Hope you got the previous issues solved.

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,879
    edited December 1969

Hi guys!! **Big Smile** Thanks Hellboy! Good to see you, too! And I agree with you KK, that open "cloth" and cool new physics features would be awesomeness...

*waves to sassy, too*

I had been checking to see if something installed OK... it was my old Mil Horse with LB's unicorn textures... just a test render... slapped that new sub surface thing on it....popped in my Cotton Candy Lights from my Hitome stuff....

...and nearly peed my pants when I clicked render.... so nice... with NO work at all... I was seriously impressed.... can't wait to get the rest of my stuff in there so i can feel that I am allowed to play!! haha!! Wish me luck. I may finish installing before I die. LOL

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,502
    edited December 1969

Not solid for me. I actually had to roll back to 4.5 because for me 4.6 had SERIOUS issues and crashed repeatedly, wouldn't let me render, and had massive viewport issues. Totally totally unstable. I tried and tried but it was completely unusable. :(

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,879
    edited June 2013

belovedalia... sorry to hear you're having trouble with it. One thing I noticed is that much of my runtime was optimized for Poser and even some of the older DAZ shader settings were causing my renders to crash. One thing I do to almost EVERYthing is put a default shader base (or the new subsurface thing) on all my surface settings... to clear out anything that might conflict with the new stuff...then I make adjustments as I like and save a new setting for this version of Daz Studio.... and you get much nicer results when rendering too...

ALSO...

I noticed older Lights can have a similar problem. I have been trying to limit the lights I am using to those that came out since DS4 because I am having no problems with them at all... but some lights ( and DO NOT use Poser lights...ever) were also responsible for some of my crashes.

Basically...use current shaders and current lights and see if that helps.

So far...if I follow my own rules...lol... I have had no trouble whatsoever.

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,502
    edited December 1969

jasmine, i have tried loaded a plain, untextured primative and no light, and tried to render, and crashed. 4.6 was utterly disastrous for me. :(

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,627
    edited June 2013

...actually, I've been using the "Bonnie Lights" (which came with an old freebie character for V4 of the same name I DL'd years ago) that is a Poser based light set with 4.6 and have no trouble at all. It's one of my "go-to" light sets when I need to do a quick portrait or single character still without having to mess around with UE and occlusion samples.

(example removed, wrong picture. Will repost a sample later as it takes too long to upload a pic from home)

Post edited by kyoto kid on