My renders are grainy

Hello,

when I render using daaz, my renders become clear after 2 minutes or so, how long should i keep it until it becomes crystal clear clarity?

Comments

• That depends very much on what is in the scene, on how it is lit, and on what hardware you are using to render.

• NeonicNeonic Posts: 18

Hello,

when I render using daaz, my renders become clear after 2 minutes or so, how long should i keep it until it becomes crystal clear clarity?

I'm fairly new to Daz myself but my renders come out pretty great.
    Your ending renders should look something like this:

Sorry the sizing is a bit... Rad -- it's the image host I had to use... Lol.

You should check your iteraions, lighting and then when you're all ready to render -- Let them render until it's complete.
    Yes, these were created using the starter packs. 

• My assumption is that you are using iRay to pull your renders? The grainy thing seems to be more frequent in darker or inside scenes. It's something that I run into a lot when tryint to use iRay. I tend to use 3Delight for most things and the grainy thing never happens there.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

What Richard said.  It really really depends on the lighting and how many shadows are in you image.  I set mine up to render indefinitely and just stop it when it looks good.

• You can also try rendering your image at twice the desired size and then scale the rendered image by half.  I know that helps with anti aliasing (jagged edges)

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

You can also try rendering your image at twice the desired size and then scale the rendered image by half.  I know that helps with anti aliasing (jagged edges)

Yeah, that's used a lot in fractal software and I often do it with my Gimp work.