How do I add the Joint editor to my toolbar?

I've looked and can't find anything that works. How do I add the joint editor to my toolbar?

Comments

• It should be in at least some layouts, but go to Window>Workspace>Customise. In the Tool bars tab on the right find the tool bar you want to add the tool to and expand it. Find the tool itself on the left (under Viewport Tools as I recall). Drag the tool from the left into the desired position on the tool br on the right and click Accept.

• Thank you Richard., It wouldn't let me drag the joint editor, but when I expanded "toolbars" I did find Tools and turned it to ON - it added a couple more tools as well.

• Thank you Richard., It wouldn't let me drag the joint editor, but when I expanded "toolbars" I did find Tools and turned it to ON - it added a couple more tools as well.

Are you sure you were in the Tool Bars tab on the right, not the Activities tab?

• Ok, no I didn't click the tool bar, didn't pay atention enough. It's selected now.

But on the left side, it still won't let me drag the joint editor by itself, I have to click the little arrow and expand it, and then choose from there. but there's so much stuff in there I'm lost. 

I have  an image of it, I clicked 'On' for the tools so the joint editor is in the list along with other stuff.  But I'm wondering why it won't let me move the 'main' tool?

tool editor.JPG
    632 x 638 - 66K
  • That is a group of all the commands that are part of the Joint Editor (it's a plug-in which makes the tool and associated functions available). Scroll down on the left until you find Viewport Tools, click the + to expand, and you will find all of the tools - those are the commands for activating the tools, which is what you want.

• Yay! That's got it. Thank you. I appreciate you taking all the trouble to explain it to me.