dForce current frame drape on timeline

Is there a way to current-frame-drape on each of the keyframes on a timeline?  As is, it seems that dForce clears each of the previous keyframes whenever draping on the next.  For example, if I have 10 separate and very different character poses on the timeline and I cannot animated drape (dForce crashes Studio or the clothing model explodes no matter what I try in the settings).  So, to simplify, I would prefer just to current-frame-drape on each of the keyframes.  Using the Dynamic Clothing engine I could do this by animate-drape to each keyframe and then single-frame-drape when it stops on each.  Is there a way to current-frame-drape on each keyframe using dForce?

Comments

• If your poses are changing greatly between frames then you need to allow more steps (subframes and iterations per-subframe) for the cloth to simulate or it will explode as you are effectively asking it to move too fast for the energy to dissipate. Look in the Quality and Collision groups in Simulation Settings.

• Tried both of those.  First, I tried stretching the animation out by a factor of 20.  With this, DS no longer crashes.  I tried setting Self Collide=OFF, dropping the stiffness values down, made sure that fingers are not intersecting with the mesh during animation, etc. etc.  Tried lots of different combinations but it always ends up exploding somewhere along the way (varies from run to run).  It will drape fine if using a current-frame drape.  And that is why I hoped that it could simply allow us to manually drape frame-by-frame if we choose.  

I would hope that DAZ requires those selling dForce items to pass some sort of standardized DAZ-generated automation test before these items are sold.   Perhaps I am wrong, but it seems like the onus should be on PAs to verify that the item works, not the customers.

• The items do work, as you've shown by your tst drapes. The problem is that either your animation is too violent for the simulation to handle or in moving between poses body parts are intersecting and trapping clothing between them, which pretty much guarantees an explosion.

• I already mentioned that that I was careful to insure that no body parts are interscting the mesh.  I also mentioned that I expanded the timeline out by a factor of 20 and there is sufficient granularity in movement to support an animated drape (I can see where it explodes and examine how the figure is positioned before and after). 

In addition, I also tested by converting the model to dynamic (using a tool available elsewhere) and then ran it using the Dynamic Clothing Control engine.  It draped just fine using that. 

In my view, simply setting a few poses and then doing a successful current-frame drape, in no way is a sufficient test of the items' dForce settings.  Again, I humbly suggest that each item sold should be tested prior to insure that the settings will support an animation (e.g. a 30-frame walk cycle and a T-Pose to sitting with legs crossed animation).  Is it really fair to customers to have to take on the task of doing this for the PAs?

• Witout seeing the poses you are using it's impossible to say whether they are equivalent to a walk cycle or mor demanding - you do say that they are very different one from the other, in which case twenty frames might not be that generous (I've had animated drapes take more than 30 frames to fully settle if the pose was dramatic)

• It is not twenty frames.  It was 200 frames (10 stretched by factor of 20).  When I get a chance I will stretch it out to 1000 frames as a test.

• This is exactly what I am attempting to do. For animations I've found dforce is too figity or simply crashes way too often, and so I merely want to manually simulate key frames one by one, but dforce resets all previous simulations with each new simulation.