Wizard Magic Bundle

RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
edited March 2018 in The Commons

This is AMAZING!!! I've always loved Arien's stuff, but this one really tops it for me! This has a clear throwback to the Brotherhood/Sisterhood line from Gen 4 and a well-welcomed one from me! :D

Post edited by RCDeschene on

Comments

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 792
    edited March 2018

I was just going to get the male outfit and the texture expansion but the entire bundle looks so great.  I sort of caved in and grabbed the bundle, G8M outfit textures, EArkham's Elven Monolith set and Samsil's new hair. Way too many awesome toys to play with in today's sale.

Post edited by ZippyGuitar on
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

My mamma said that if I didn't have anything nice to say, that I shouldn't say anything.  So for the moment at least, that's what I'm saying: nothin'. Ok, maybe one thing: dForce.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,136

Me too. (I'd be interested to hear from someone who's bought the clothing whether they will work with dForce or explode)

edited March 2018
    I can test it after work and post results.

Thanks! I'm on the fence about buying as yet.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,251

I rather like the library. More steampunk than medieval, but wizards seem to infest steampunk fairly often, so it does fit. And there are some nice pieces in it for building other scenes.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

I mean, you can make it dForce if it's not natively thanks to the new tools in in DS4.10...

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

Tried wizard apprentice outfit with dForce. It looked good until the end and the buttons melted off.

My next attempt will be to only drape sleeves and skirt, but I suspect it will need a weight map.

edited March 2018

Apologies for not posting sooner. Overtime, blah blah blah. I had mixed results with the Wizard outfit. Overall it did great, but I am most certainly no dforce expert. I'd do things differently next time. The coat has several material zones so I honestly see no reason why the front upper coat area would need to be 'dforced' since it's sort of a tight fit. I didn't get buttons falling off, but the front seam didn't want to play nice. I used EcVh0's Cloth Simulation Presets in various places and I applied dforce to the coat, hood, and pants. Pants didn't need it but I like playing around with dforce to see what happens. The coat cutting through the boot is my fault...I had the boots hidden during simulation and didn't catch it. You'll notice the hood has an odd hump on top. I forgot I had hair up there and it draped over it.  Hopefully I get these images set up correctly.

edit: I wanted to add this coat has a lot of included draping morphs as well. 

dforce.jpg
    618 x 1000 - 409K
    buttons.jpg
    672 x 900 - 475K
    edited March 2018

Ah buttons - what joy! I've had that happen so many times. Still I may pick the outfits up anyway. Thanks for the dForce verdict, Will.

Post edited by MelanieL on
    JOdel said:

I rather like the library. More steampunk than medieval, but wizards seem to infest steampunk fairly often, so it does fit. And there are some nice pieces in it for building other scenes.

The Library is really awesome. There is an obvious amount of work gone into creating it. There are a lot of seperate props/items to play around with.

Thanks for the pics, GlenWebb.

I need to do a proper test and see if I can drape just the sleeves and skirt without them falling off.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I’m wondering about the posterior part of the male robe. In the promos it’s kind of out in the back like there is a breeze but there isn’t one..... does it fit differently when you use it?

I’m wondering about the posterior part of the male robe. In the promos it’s kind of out in the back like there is a breeze but there isn’t one..... does it fit differently when you use it?

It hangs flat if I understand you correctly. There are wind morphs included, but when loaded, default pose is a flat drape.

Here I've set skirt and sleeves to 80% dynamic simulation and 0 for the rest. Did very nicely, I think!

(Commander hair, Aldo stuff, Beard boss, one of my Iridescent presets on FS Elements of Magic)

WA draped.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 163K

Wait, that's stupid. Dynamic strength below 100% kicks it to a basic 'move things around.'

Better render incoming. ;)

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Thanks for answering. The promo makes the back look kind of like its flaring out in a way that doesn’t look quite right to me. Glad it’s not permanent

Ah, gotcha. That middle fold does hang out, but it isn't noticable to me. It looks more like a natural drape off the upper back and buttocks. At least in scene it looked like that. I played with the dforce aspects some more, but whoa, things didn't go so well the second time around. Personally, these outfits look great though, imo. I am thoroughly pleased with the bundle. 

Thanks for answering. The promo makes the back look kind of like its flaring out in a way that doesn’t look quite right to me. Glad it’s not permanent

Ok, here we go. I really got too fancy with it trying to drape initially -- all I needed to do was move the skirt out of collision, set skirt/sleeves/cuffs to 100% dynamic and the others to 0%, and drape. Also upped quality a few times but probably wasn't necessary.

Apprentice.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 167K

That looks great, Will!

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,960

I agree, just applying the default settings to the robe works well for the men, will be trying on the women's outfit later. Ignore the boots hovering off the ground, this was just meant to be a quick test of a more complex pose.

magician_robe_dforce_test01_20180319.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M