Looking for beta testers / promo artists for new product...

PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
edited March 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hey guys,

I am working on a grass and meadow product at the moment called "ULTIMATE Grass and Meadow World Builder." It has been very time consuming and tedious for me, and I'm at the point where I am sort of at a plateau. So I was hoping to enlist the help of a few brave souls to help test it out for me and maybe help improve upon it (and even make some promos if you'd like). Of course I can compensate you for your time if I decide to implement your ideas/promos. You will also get the beta product for free to use as you like in your own projects. 

The goal here is ultra-realism. So if you're good at making natural objects look more realistic, then this project would be ideal for you. Here is a description of the product;

Ultimate Grass and Meadow Worlds Megapack---the most complete and realistic grass construction kit to date! This package has everything: Individual patches, pre-built environments, terrain presets, 16k skydomes, multiple lighting and environmental options... Plus setup is easy. Simply choose from the included presets, or scatter the patches yourself on your own terrains (PDF instructions included on how to use instancing without slowing viewport performance). This package is ideal for all users, at all experience levels. Truly, this is the most versatile and complete grass world-builder for anyone looking to build vast fields of grass.

And we’re talking vast!

Up to 500 million effective polygons in one scene! How it that possible without freezing up the viewport? The answer is simple: The included scene files utilize a special instancing feature that allows you to scatter thousands of objects without slowing viewport performance. It is now possible to have VUE-like scenes with hundreds of millions of polygons without significantly affecting the viewport (PDF manual included on how to do this yourself, should you desire to scatter the patches rather than use the preset environments).

Plus, the grass is fully animatable! Simply drag the iREAL aniblocks onto the grass objects (sold separately), and press play. It’s that simple. Instant animated grass!

KEY FEATURES:

PDF Manual Includes:
-Instructions on instancing without slowing viewport performance
-Recommended instancing plugin
-Easy 1-2-3 setup instructions

PM me if you're interested and I will give you the details.

-P

94a (GOOD).jpg
2000 x 800 - 2M
133d (sun lum 6, use for vibrant).jpg
1500 x 1000 - 2M
05-misty morning.jpg
2000 x 800 - 182K
03-terrain-options3c.jpg
2600 x 1500 - 1M
07-Layout.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 672K
09-Example Combination.jpg
1875 x 800 - 1M
01-MAIN5b.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
13-Cut-Grass3.jpg
1500 x 1000 - 2M
186 (FINAL).jpg
1500 x 1000 - 1M
09b-Patch Combinations.jpg
2000 x 800 - 1M
168 (GOOD).jpg
1000 x 1300 - 962K
184 (GOOD).jpg
1500 x 1000 - 1M
02c-skydomes2.jpg
1800 x 1800 - 1M
Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited March 2018

Definitely interested in both- testing and promo art! I've been needing good meadows forever (I write a Midwest series of books and do the covers for them.)

I'll PM you wink

Post edited by Llynara on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702

Hmm this would look fun to beta test.

• I'm extremely interested in the product (I may have had to wipe drool away from the corners of my mouth while reading the description)! Since I've been struggling with creating grassy scenes for seriously probably years now, I'd be thrilled to beta test and give feedback on my terrain needs.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

I'll offer my services.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

I can't offer help cause of time contraints, but I do want to say this looks fantastic so far.

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024

This looks Great!!!

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

This looks awesome. Making room in my runtime for it now.

• HypertafHypertaf Posts: 134

Looks like fun! I'm in. :)

• For anyone interested in beta testing or promos, please send me a PM and I will give you the details.

Please also include your computer specs as well, and if possible, a link to your gallery.

-P

• This looks positively amazing, as always!  Your "animated" presets make amazing use of the resources currently available.

• Hey guys,

I am working on a grass and meadow product at the moment called "ULTIMATE Grass and Meadow World Builder." It has been very time consuming and tedious for me, and I'm at the point where I am sort of at a plateau. So I was hoping to enlist the help of a few brave souls to help test it out for me and maybe help improve upon it (and even make some promos if you'd like). Of course I can compensate you for your time if I decide to implement your ideas/promos. You will also get the beta product for free to use as you like in your own projects. 

The goal here is ultra-realism. So if you're good at making natural objects look more realistic, then this project would be ideal for you. Here is a description of the product;

Ultimate Grass and Meadow Worlds Megapack---the most complete and realistic grass construction kit to date! This package has everything: Individual patches, pre-built environments, terrain presets, 16k skydomes, multiple lighting and environmental options... Plus setup is easy. Simply choose from the included presets, or scatter the patches yourself on your own terrains (PDF instructions included on how to use instancing without slowing viewport performance). This package is ideal for all users, at all experience levels. Truly, this is the most versatile and complete grass world-builder for anyone looking to build vast fields of grass.

And we’re talking vast!

Up to 500 million effective polygons in one scene! How it that possible without freezing up the viewport? The answer is simple: The included scene files utilize a special instancing feature that allows you to scatter thousands of objects without slowing viewport performance. It is now possible to have VUE-like scenes with hundreds of millions of polygons without significantly affecting the viewport (PDF manual included on how to do this yourself, should you desire to scatter the patches rather than use the preset environments).

Plus, the grass is fully animatable! Simply drag the iREAL aniblocks onto the grass objects (sold separately), and press play. It’s that simple. Instant animated grass!

KEY FEATURES:

PDF Manual Includes:
    -Instructions on instancing without slowing viewport performance
    -Recommended instancing plugin
    -Easy 1-2-3 setup instructions

PM me if you're interested and I will give you the details.

-P

Id love to help out, And may be do some renders too.  Email me if your still looking for help

[email protected]

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Wow...impressive!!!!

Laurie

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563
    AllenArt said:

Wow...impressive!!!!

Laurie

Agreed, but my PC just slapped me for even thinking about trying to render something that looks this complex, LOL

I really hope this new instancing system lives up to the hype and I can use this WITH figures added to the scene, guess we'll see.

• RakudaRakuda Posts: 931

Wow! inspiring. Looking forward to seeing this come out and also hope to have a faster computer that could handle such a task someday.

:)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Just saw this, it looks phenomenal. 

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Can't help but WOW.... this is truly impressive.  I'm glad to see realistic grassy landscape finally coming to DS of this magnitude.  Good luck everyone....

• escrandallescrandall Posts: 487

I'm very interested if you need anyone who runs with just a CPU (relatively new iMac without Nvidia) ..  If it works I'd certainly buy it, but ...

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

he, I guess I'm late to the show, would have liked testing that a lot as well as the promos :D have fun to everyone who got in!

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Linwelly said:

he, I guess I'm late to the show, would have liked testing that a lot as well as the promos :D have fun to everyone who got in!

@PA_ThePhilosopher hasn't yet said he doesn't need anymore testers, I'd go ahead and send in a PM. It couldn't hurt.

For anyone interested in beta testing or promos, please send me a PM and I will give you the details.

Please also include your computer specs as well, and if possible, a link to your gallery.

-P

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960
    This looks great. Hope it comes out
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795
    edited March 2018
    L'Adair said:
    Linwelly said:

@PA_ThePhilosopher hasn't yet said he doesn't need anymore testers, I'd go ahead and send in a PM. It couldn't hurt.

For anyone interested in beta testing or promos, please send me a PM and I will give you the details.

-P

Thanks for the pointer, I did :D

Post edited by Linwelly on
  • James_HJames_H Posts: 1,008

If you need terminally incompetnt beta-testers ...

But I look forward to this.

• RbugRbug Posts: 166
    edited March 2018
    L'Adair said:

Post edited by Rbug on
  • RbugRbug Posts: 166

PA_ThePhilosopher said:

ok that did not work. ignore the last post it did not go as planned..... SO sent you a PM couple days ago let me know OK

• Ok, all the spots for the beta testers / promo artists have been filled at the moment. But if you feel strongly that you are a good fit, still do PM me in case a spot opens up. 

Also, I will be releasing another product shortly: iREAL Animated Smoke, Fire, and Explosions. I may also need beta testers / promo artists for this product as well. But I will open up a separate thread for that product if I decide to. 

Thanks again guys!

-P

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Well I'd be interested if you generated the landscape morphs interactively using mathematics & DAZ Script as I was considering looking into whether the DAZ Studio API could handle that myself for my own dorking around.

From your promos I feel the scale of the grass at the growth stage it is in in those renders in too large and too long.

• PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
    edited March 2018

From your promos I feel the scale of the grass at the growth stage it is in in those renders in too large and too long.

This product contains different types of grass, one is the default meadow grass, which is more wild; the other is cut grass, which can be used on lawns and such. Here are some preliminary renders (see below). Also, the height of the grass can be adjusted as well. I will include PDF instructions on how to do this. 

Note, I have updated the attachments in the OP.

-P

149.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 825K
    147b.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 764K
    Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

It look amazing really, but I suspect my computer and graphic card won't be able to handle it *sad smile* Only have 8 gb ram on the computer, and the card is Nvidia GT 730.. so I believe this will not be possible for me, I tried another, similar, grass product and had to return it cause I couldn't use it.

Regardless of my woes however, the product look really great and depending on the price and time it release, I may try it just to see if it can work for me or not :)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

This product contains different types of grass, one is the default meadow grass, which is more wild; the other is cut grass, which can be used on lawns and such. Here are some preliminary renders (see below). Also, the height of the grass can be adjusted as well. I will include PDF instructions on how to do this. 

Note, I have updated the attachments in the OP.

-P

OK, thanks for the clarification. I really like the other roducts of yours that I have bought.

• Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,113

Wow. This looks seriously impressive.