how to take an fbx/obj/smd body and add Daz3d fitted clothes onto it?

glossedsfmglossedsfm Posts: 329
edited March 2018 in New Users

Hi,

So in Daz3ds i'm able to take a Gen 3 body, change its shape with morph kits, and then apply clothes that i've purchased on the Daz store to it which conforms to that bodies shape right? if i wanted to i could also use fit control kits that can further change the clothes to make it look more natural looking instead of it being painted on.

Is it possible to take a non Gen 3 body (FBX, OBJ or SMD format) import it into Daz3ds and do whatever has to be done so that i can apply Daz clothes onto that figure and have it conform to its shape too? if this is possible are there tutorials out there for it?

Post edited by glossedsfm on

Comments

• You'd need to rig the figure to make it posable in the first place, then you'd need to make an AutoFit clone for it to match the shape (and possibly pose) of the figure the clothes were made for. That's certainly possible - all the tools are included in DS, other than the modelling application to create morphs - but it's also a fairly demanding task.

• glossedsfmglossedsfm Posts: 329

They are XNALara and SFM models originally, so they would have those rigs and not the standard Daz3d type rigs.  I just need the Daz clothes to match the shapes of the non-Dazbodies in Daz.  Then i would export it back to Blender and rig/weight paint it and pose it there.  I've tried making a base G3 body fit the shape of the non-Daz body but its hard to get it to match up.