question about download install manager

estheresther Posts: 608
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I haven't installed anything since this thing came into existance, although I have bought a fair bit. I'm on mac. Ijust downloaded it but it says Mac32.zip in it's file name. Does that mean it is not 64 bit?
Love esther

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

There is only a 32bit version, It does not need to be 64bit.

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

Not sure if the actual DIM is 32 bit or not but it works fine with 64bit version of DS.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

Okay I tried using the downloading part. I ordered the files from most recent to least as it is the more recent months that I stopped doing downloading because of uncertainties about the best way, and Tao's software not working with DAZ anymore. (Yes, although I have a mac I had no problem using Tao's scripts with crossover).
    Well I wasn't sure about some of the files that seemed recent as they didn't look that recent to me but maybe they were updates.
    Anyway, my main question now is what are these files? I do have DS although I don't really use it at the moment. I still like to install some things there, but my poser stuff goes into external runtimes.
    I have the zips for poser (not shown on my screen cap) as well as folders for DS when they unzipped.

Screen_Shot_2013-06-19_at_9.41_.25_AM_.png
    819 x 346 - 135K
    edited December 1969

oh oh, just looked inside the zips even the files marked Ps which I assume are poser, and they have this content folder. Isn't that DS thing and not a poser thing?

Screen_Shot_2013-06-19_at_9.50_.31_AM_.png
    598 x 382 - 88K
  • SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

Inside the Content folder there should be a Runtime folder. Just extract that to where you normally put your Poser stuff.

edited December 1969

Thanks - will do.
    I wouldn't mind automatically installing the DS stuff after download but i want to install poser stuff manually as it all goes into it's own external runtimes. I don't suppose the DIM could do that?
    If i did let it automatically install into poser where would it put the files - just out of interest, i would be way to scared to try that.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Yes it can, click the cog wheel and examine the options.

edited December 1969

scared to just push buttons. will take a second look at that cogwheel. maybe just try one file or something.

edited December 1969

I can manually check all the DS files and install them into DS.. I still l want my poser ones in poser as external runtimes. I checked delete after installing. I still have these things remaining in my folder. what are they for?

Screen_Shot_2013-06-19_at_11.13_.02_AM_.png
    570 x 386 - 108K
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

That's the manifest files so that DIM knows what products you've downloaded and where the files were installed to. Don't delete them, or the missing ones will reappear in DIM's "waiting to be downloaded" list.

edited December 1969

aha, thanks so much. Mystery solved.