how do you change the pivot point in hexagon beta?

jhnkbrplsjhnkbrpls Posts: 7
edited March 2018 in Hexagon Discussion

with right right clicking the context menu does not appear and down of the  manipulators there is not the set pivot point

Post edited by jhnkbrpls on

Comments

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

You would probably do better placing this question in the Hexagon thread - I received an immediate answer to my Hexagon questions there.

• With your object selected, right click and choose Reset Pivot Point. You may want to go through different views (Front, Right etc).

If I got it wrong can you please post a screen grab of your Hexagon interface, not really sure what is going wrong if you cannot right click on the object. May be try - File, User Resources and "Reset All" may help but that is a bit drastic - Sorry. 

Reset Pivot Point.jpg
    1905 x 1035 - 264K
  • You have to have an object to work on, and you have to select it first.

• With your object selected, right click and choose Reset Pivot Point. You may want to go through different views (Front, Right etc).

If I got it wrong can you please post a screen grab of your Hexagon interface, not really sure what is going wrong if you cannot right click on the object. May be try - File, User Resources and "Reset All" may help but that is a bit drastic - Sorry. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 05.14.06.png
    2511 x 1320 - 232K
  • when I write click  it says" select the corners of the box containing the items to select " if  I   drag afterwards  a red square appears 

Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 05.14.06.png
    2511 x 1320 - 232K
  • You have to have an object to work on, and you have to select it first.

With your object selected, right click and choose Reset Pivot Point. You may want to go through different views (Front, Right etc).

With your object selected, right click and choose Reset Pivot Point. You may want to go through different views (Front, Right etc).

when I right click, it says :select the corners of the box containing the items to select" if I then drag, appears a red square

Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 06.08.42.png
    2559 x 1328 - 253K
  • Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited March 2018

Got ya, I see what's going wrong now.

What you are doing is right clicking the mouse and dragging it around the cube, this is like doing a lasso selection.

Here's a quick run down on what to do (look at my screen grab to see where things are) -

1. Have an object in your scene. Not selected, so it is not highlighted in the scene tree (your Form0 in the above screen grab)

2. Click on the Cube (menu not object-see my ref) to be in "Object Mode".

3. Click on your object - or select Form0 in the scene tree.

4. Move your mouse to the object, right click and the menu box should appear.

Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
  • Got ya, I see what's going wrong now.

What you are doing is right clicking the mouse and dragging it around the cube, this is like doing a lasso selection.

Here's a quick run down on what to do (look at my screen grab to see where things are) -

1. Have an object in your scene. Not selected, so it is not highlighted in the scene tree (your Form0 in the above screen grab)

I follow your steps but when I right click the object , a rectangle selection appears instead of the context menu

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited March 2018

Have you got "Right Mouse Button" selected for Context Menu in your Preferences ?

Edit - Preverences Editor - User Interface - Context Menu

context menu.jpg
    633 x 514 - 62K
    Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
  • Got ya, I see what's going wrong now.

Have you got "Right Mouse Button" selected for Context Menu in your Preferences ?

object selected2018-03-18 at 17.22.26.png
    985 x 1002 - 257K
    preferences2018-03-18 at 17.26.52.png
    628 x 511 - 46K
    right clicking_1651.JPG
    4032 x 3024 - 5M
  • Sorry I cannot think of anything else to try, apart from resetting your Preferences.

Your last image is what I see if I select "None" when I changed the settings above.

You could try filling in a bug report and see if the Techy people can help -

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

You moved your mouse. Hit ESC to unselect everything, select the object again, hiver your mouse cursor over one of the corners of the object and right-click without moving your mouse.

• ShawnDriscollShawnDriscoll Posts: 375
    edited March 2018

This sounds like a repeat of someone's mouse click rates being set too high in their OS.

Post edited by ShawnDriscoll on